Thread Rating:
WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread
(23-02-2017, 19:04)4evaabaggie Wrote: Ashamed to say ..... I will be there Saturday, block E12 row L, first game of the season, only managed a game or so a season for the last few years and does not make good reading, Albion 2 Wigan 3, Albion 2 Leicester 3, Albion 0 Watford 1.
Hoping to break a jinx stretching back to Albion 4 Wet Shan 0 in the FA cup.

Come on you Baggies.

Well it looks like my jinx is over .... good game played well .... a little disappointed with Rondons first touch, deft they weren't but he was in there battling, any news on Daws. Still disappointed with the lack of noise in the brummie, can we get it rocking like the good ole days.
(25-02-2017, 22:33)4evaabaggie Wrote:
(23-02-2017, 19:04)4evaabaggie Wrote: Ashamed to say ..... I will be there Saturday, block E12 row L, first game of the season, only managed a game or so a season for the last few years and does not make good reading, Albion 2 Wigan 3, Albion 2 Leicester 3, Albion 0 Watford 1.

Come on you Baggies.

Well it looks like my jinx is over .... good game played well .... a little disappointed with Rondons first touch, deft they weren't but he was in there battling, any news on Daws. Still disappointed with the lack of noise in the brummie, can we get it rocking like the good ole days.

The club has said Dawson's fine which is a relief, cos he was out for awhile at the time.
(25-02-2017, 22:33)4evaabaggie Wrote:

Come on you Baggies.

Sadly I think some overly officious stewarding has played a big part in killing the atmosphere in the Brummie over the past few seasons. I'm always vocal and like to get songs and chants going, and I've had stewards asking me to sit down despite being sat right at the back of the stand most times I've recently been in the Brummie so always prefer the Smethwick now.

As for the game today I was disappointed that we weren't more clinical with our chances as we were rocking at the end and two good saves from Foster keep the three points for us.

I felt Bournemouth were very lucky to have 11 men on the field though after Cook's cynical shoulder charge on Rondon where he clearly had no intention of playing/challenging for the ball. 

Livermore looked worth every bit of the £10 million we paid for him and Nyom despite his poor early challenge to give away the pen had a decent game and bombed forward in attack superbly when given the chance.

Rondon worked his socks off as always and I think despite having some really loose close control at times he still drags us up the pitch playing off runners from midfield. If he had a better first touch we'd be having more offers of circa 30 odd million from teams other than Chinese ones haha.
BaggyBomber likes this post
HRK, an excellent summary, I totally agree with it all, not knocking DoRonRon, his workrate and commitment are not in doubt, perhaps he needs softer boots, May help prevent bounce off.
BaggyBomber likes this post
(25-02-2017, 19:07)betterthanbaird Wrote: Another good win, Livermore looked brilliant in front of the defence again and it was great to have Evans back in defence. I know not everyone likes him but I find it hard not to admire Mclean's work rate, him and Rondon absolutely ran their bollocks off. Chadli was class too.

Really good to see Jake Livermore settled in so quickly and playing well - MOM today, I gather. A really good January buy. Thumb up
All in all it was a deserved victory. Thanks to Ben at the end for two fantastic saves. I still feel we were robbed when Rondon was shoulder-barged off the ball as he chased down the bad back pass. The defender didn't even look at the ball! It was a cynical, professional foul and worthy of a red card.
Loved the Smethwick End chant to Clattenberg "You've sold your a**e to the Arabs!"
As many have said, what a great acquisition Livermore is proving to be.
Well done Baggies for grinding out a result, even if it was squeaky bum time during the final few minutes.
Bring on Fat Sam's Palace.
Boing! Boing!
(26-02-2017, 12:33)Kennyg Wrote: All in all it was a deserved victory. Thanks to Ben at the end for two fantastic saves. I still feel we were robbed when Rondon was shoulder-barged off the ball as he chased down the bad back pass. The defender didn't even look at the ball! It was a cynical, professional foul and worthy of a red card.
Loved the Smethwick End chant to Clattenberg "You've sold your a**e to the Arabs!"
As many have said, what a great acquisition Livermore is proving to be.
Well done Baggies for grinding out a result, even if it was squeaky bum time during the final few minutes.
Bring on Fat Sam's Palace.
Boing! Boing!

Can't believe that wasn't a red card - the most clear cut offence like that I've ever seen!

The other challenge on Rondon, IMO, was also very dubious. 20 years ago - a good challenge, but going through the player to get the ball is normally penalised these days isn't it? If that'd been outside the area I'm sure the foul would've been given....
Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up

GREAT GREAT TO SEE ALL THE WINS
Now that I am no longer working weekends I have been able to watch every Albion match since December on my laptop and I am happy with how things are going. The results are very good, the performances have been mainly good and our style of play is improving each month that goes by. There are still some elements of our play that I don't like such as our time wasting when we're playing away and our inability to be patient and keep possession when it is needed.

All in all though this season is going very well and long may it continue. Vive la Albion.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »