Sports Babble - sports forum
WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=5072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - Ska'dForLife-WBA - 23-02-2017

As the winter draws slowly towards its conclusion, Albion remain in an excellent position: eighth in the table with a five-point cushion, and beaten only once in the league since Boxing Day. A last-gasp equaliser at West Ham kept our magnificent run of form alive, and on Saturday we have the chance to extend it still further with the visit of Bournemouth to the Hawthorns.

We have yet to beat the Cherries in the Premier League, though on all three occasions we've faced them so far we've come away cursing some pretty poor luck. Bournemouth are having a torrid time in 2017, winless in all competitions since New Year's Eve and undoubtedly starting to look over their shoulders as the teams behind them kick into gear. Scoring goals isn't a problem for them, but keeping them out at the other end certainly is, so Eddie Howe may well try and keep a clean sheet on Saturday and see if his side can get the better of us on the counter.

For us, it's really a question of whether we come back from a fortnight's break ready to go and firing on all cylinders, or if we're a bit slow out of the blocks. Fingers crossed we can finally get a long-awaited win against the boys from the south coast.

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - aries22 - 23-02-2017

Where would we be without your unstinting match thread efforts, Ska'd. Thank you again. A win would be tremendous and just reward for the hard work and results the boys have put in recently and put us on 42 points already. EDIT: I mean 40 points. My bad maths.

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - talkSAFT - 23-02-2017

Where's Bournemouth Baggie lately? Has he absconded to The Cherries? I miss his input.
Do you know, Beefy???

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - 4evaabaggie - 23-02-2017

Ashamed to say ..... I will be there Saturday, block E12 row L, first game of the season, only managed a game or so a season for the last few years and does not make good reading, Albion 2 Wigan 3, Albion 2 Leicester 3, Albion 0 Watford 1.
Hoping to break a jinx stretching back to Albion 4 Wet Shan 0 in the FA cup.

Come on you Baggies.

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - drewks - 23-02-2017

Agree with Aires,  Ska'd - you're a star regarding these match previews every week.

HOWEVER.....
.....YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER - what on earth are you doing, saying things like
"Bournemouth are having a torrid time in 2017, winless in all competitions since New Year's Eve...." ??

We're DOOMED,  Mr Manwairing, doomed  Doh  Doh
4-0 to Bournemouth  Sick

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - HRK - 23-02-2017

Just to echo what others are saying really, fair play to Ska'd for the excellent Match Threads for each game.

Clearly you've got a way with words and I'm not trying to plug your book for you or owt, but Brummie Road is a tremendous read. I'd urge everyone to grab a copy if you haven't done so already. I do hope you've got new projects coming up also so please keep us posted.

I don't want to jinx it but I'm feeling positive about this one and think we'll be comfortable winners on the day. 3-1 FGS Chadli.

COYB!

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - Ska'dForLife-WBA - 23-02-2017

(23-02-2017, 21:03)HRK Wrote: Clearly you've got a way with words and I'm not trying to plug your book for you or owt, but Brummie Road is a tremendous read. I'd urge everyone to grab a copy if you haven't done so already. I do hope you've got new projects coming up also so please keep us posted.

Really appreciated. My second novel is slowly nearing completion, but it's a pretty long and arduous slog, so it could well be a while off yet.

I admit I do have my fears about this match, what with Albion's long and honourable tradition of gifting points to teams on the worst possible run of form, but am hoping we've got enough in us to exploit their defence, score at least one or two and see it out with some trademark aard work.

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - aries22 - 23-02-2017

(23-02-2017, 19:04)4evaabaggie Wrote: Ashamed to say ..... I will be there Saturday, block E12 row L, first game of the season, only managed a game or so a season for the last few years and does not make good reading, Albion 2 Wigan 3, Albion 2 Leicester 3, Albion 0 Watford 1.
Hoping to break a jinx stretching back to Albion 4 Wet Shan 0 in the FA cup.

Come on you Baggies.

I think with your record you'd best stay away this Saturday. Laugh I was at that Wigan 2-3 game and Wigan had to take the game to us to get the win and they duly did and beat us convincingly in the end. I think it was also the game in which 16 year old Isaiah Brown came on as a sub late on.

(23-02-2017, 21:03)HRK Wrote: Clearly you've got a way with words and I'm not trying to plug your book for you or owt, but Brummie Road is a tremendous read. I'd urge everyone to grab a copy if you haven't done so already. I do hope you've got new projects coming up also so please keep us posted.

Brummie Road was indeed a great read. Some writers, like Catherine Cookson, use local accent/dialect (in Cookson's case, Teesside/Wearside) too much, and they actually kill the book, but Ska'd used it judiciously in Brummie Road, came up with a really good storyline, one which anyone can identify with, and it was interwoven with tales of the Albion. And I learned a lot about West Bromwich town in the sixties. So I too have been waiting for Ian Richards's second book and I am pleased to read it's nearing completion. Good on you, Ska'd, I can't wait to read it, and I hope it's a tremendous success for you.

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - BaggieMan - 23-02-2017

Just in case I've missed anything, are we talking about Ian Richard's 'Brummie Road' book ?

Huh

RE: WBA vs Bournemouth - Match Thread - aries22 - 24-02-2017

(23-02-2017, 23:52)BaggieMan Wrote: Just in case I've missed anything, are we talking about Ian Richard's 'Brummie Road' book ?

Huh

Nothing gets past you, Baggie Man Angel
(Il ne serais pas ou il se trouve aujourd'hui sans avoir le doigt sur le pulse) Laugh