Thread Rating:
Huudersfield Town vs Reading match thread Saturday Sept 24th
I'm with you on that Snooty. I don't mind us being unfashionable but I do find myself very vexed by my club being held almost in contempt. I trust that in the weeks to come we will be singing,
"E iEi Ei o,
Under the radar 'Udders go!"
What ever the outcome of this season it has reminded me how lucky I am to support a club with a history and, I am convinced, a very realistic, positive and practical future
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
Wanted to wait until Sunday to provide analysis as there was so much to talk about. First of all, what a performance from the boys. Proud as punch of every single one of them today. Gave absolutely everything and deserved at least a point from the game. Now onto the game itself. Whatever anyone says about the sending off, it was deserved and moronic from VLP. Truly petulant. He got very rightly annoyed he got wrongly booked for a great tackle on a Reading player and then when a decision goes his way he clearly says something to the ref when it's given. The ref then asks him 4 times to come to him when he walks away and he doesn't do it. That's all he had to do. But he didn't and he sent him off. Stupid. He'll learn and I'm glad he apologised to the players after because he did cost us that game. Everyone around us was saying how good a contest it was until the sending off but afterwards for the rest of the 1st half it was attack vs defence. This was an example of how not having a big man up top as an outlet became noticeable. We kept pumping long balls out but Nakhi was getting no joy from the centre backs. Once Palmer was sacrificed we lost all our creativity and Bunn who was brought on to play defensively in a revised flat 4-4-1 was appalling. Lost his man for the cross which led to the goal and they had a spare man at the back post to slot in through a lucky deflection. Scannell would have been best man to come on for this situation so for once you have to say DW got his sub wrong there but he was brave enough to sub Bunn AGAIN late on and rightly so. As for the second half we absolutely dominated. Hogg gave the best performance I have ever seen him have. He was truly everywhere. I have been a big critic of his passing but he was switching the play superbly with cross field passes. the man was on a different level to everyone else on the pitch. Kachunga worked his socks off as well and it was between those two for MOTM. Defence were outstanding. Smith and Schindler were different class and Tommy had a great game against their winger and put in some wonderful crosses. Lowe too. Going to be a big test on Tuesday for THD, Hefele or Stankovic to slot in and play well. The ref lost the plot in the game and if that was a premier league ref I am truly worried. Anyone showing the slightest bit of dissent against a decision was booked including Lowe and Kachunga even though Kachunga got clearly elbowed late on. Hefele changed the game when he came on and really bullied their centre backs. Be good to have him in his proper position as he looks a massive threat at corners which we properly lack. All in all a fantastic performance by the lads and they really became one with the fans revving us up. Let's bounce back Tuesday by stuffing the millers 5-0. UTT.
SHEP_HTAFC, Lord Snooty, HighlandTerrier58 like this post
(25-09-2016, 00:45)Lord Snooty Wrote: Listening to the radio, reading all the reports, scouring social media, Town bossed the second half and were unlucky not to get a point.
However, watching Football on5, we didn't have one single attack all match. Just shows you can't believe what you read on soil media. Rolleyes  Whistle

The "highlights" that normally appear on Town's YouTube channel at mid-day haven't appeared yet although they are on the Reading site and not too dissimilar from the Football on 5 or Sky versions (1 minute of Van the Man getting booked twice and 1 minute of Reading all over us). Wondering if someone at Town is beavering away making a more realistic version?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
My 2pence worth

VLP lost the plot yesterday but he wasn't on his own, the ref lost it as well.
VLPwas wrongly pulled up for a foul and consequently booked for it even though it looked like he won the ball from the away away section.
He then minutes later wins a free kick and stupidly shows decent to the ref who had no option other than to send him off.
In the 2nd half the ref only books Gunter for fouling Nahki Wells despite the fact he was clean through, 20yards further up the pitch the ref would've sent him off.

Overall, a poor first half that Reading edged before the red card but dominated after it.
2nd half a battling performance and you would have thought we had the extra man for the last 25mins as we pushed Reading back. Wells and Hefele should really have scored with a couple of chances but it wasn't to be. The players gave it everything and they were flat out at the end but they should be very proud of the 2nd half performance
HighlandTerrier58 and Lord Snooty like this post
Rovrum thread will be on later today. Interweb providing!
Lord Snooty likes this post
(26-09-2016, 10:34)jjamez Wrote: Rovrum thread will be on later today. Interweb providing!

Then we can say goodbye Reading til we meet again.....

in the FA Cup in January. Rolleyes
theo_luddite likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »