Thread Rating:
Huudersfield Town vs Reading match thread Saturday Sept 24th
A fine pub that not only did a decent pint, it was handy for the train and handy for the bus to the ground.

Southern Terriers are meeting in the Hope Tap (Spoons) which isn't far away and it's probably where we will be heading but that all depends on how many boozers we pass and how many let 4 of us in and what state we are in...and how much brass I've lost playing cards on the way down
Town unchanged. Bench appears unchanged as well.
well i got my team prediction mostly right , fancy mr wells to bag one today
Van the man sent off. Angry
Knob - got fouled then talks himself into anther yellow a couple of minutes after getting his first.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Goal down now. Sounds a shocker.

Lowe booked and suspended for Tuesday night. Angry

Hudson booked. He's out of Tuesday night now. Angry
Sounds like we battered them 2nd half and unlucky to come away empty handed.
There wont be many occasions and there hasnt so far during my years following town allover, that 1349 stand to a man ( and woman) to applaud off 45 minutes of giving everything for the shirt, throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at it and coming away with naff all.

Sadly VLP and his shit attitude gobbing off when awarded the free kick, then kept walking when asked to come to the ref, kept walking when Huddy was called over to have a word and basically waved his arm to tell the ref to xxxx off - serious fine needed. Worst of all 5 mins later Lowe almost did exactly the same for not being awarded a throw in, kept chirping and remonstrating with the lino Huddy called in then he still has a pop again - crazy! - DW has got to cut this out. Usual bookings for huddy. hogg so changes will be naturally made in next 2-3 fixtures as suspensions start to kick in.

Reading looked excellent, knocked it around really well, always threatening with pace, hit the post , then scored from Smudges deflected shot from the corner of the 6 yard box at which point 1 up it looked curtains. Bunn brought on for defensive duties but to me a wrong decision I'd rather have Payne giving us legs up front.

But somehow Reading panicked, Mooy, Smith Wells Kachunga all excellent, loads of running, we created chances, 2-3 times the ball fired across the box without that vital touch, the town fans volume rising in repsonse.

The picky ref had decided not to give their chap an early red when he mistimed and brought down Wells, perhaps 3 in a line across the back saved him but Wells was through on half way and Wagner went mental with the ref at FT.

Just one of those games where ill discipline costs us, we took chances of course and were very open and wasnt without chances at the other end but no-one saw that 2nd 45 coming from 10 men without a just reward.

Really need to put Roth to the sword on Tuesday and Ipswich is very winnable and looking forward to this week already.

Town fans allover the city centre pubs before, cant remember taking that many there and the Radio Berks phone in was interesting their fans and commentators giving us a load of praise, as did Stam the Manc.

Be interested to read others comments later.
Amelia Chaffinch, Lord Snooty, HighlandTerrier58 And 2 others like this post
Thanks for that great report Sloppy. Almost like being there! What will our line up be on Tuesday? Thinking positive I suppose the suspensions from accrued bookings could at least wipe a few slates clean but it's a shame they've all come at the same time. We've got a good team with a new confidence, a good squad and we're starting to command respect. I don't think I would have said that a year ago. Onwards and upwards.
UTT!
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Listening to the radio, reading all the reports, scouring social media, Town bossed the second half and were unlucky not to get a point.
However, watching Football on5, we didn't have one single attack all match. Just shows you can't believe what you read on soil media. Rolleyes Whistle
Amelia Chaffinch and HighlandTerrier58 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »