Thread Rating:
Huudersfield Town vs Reading match thread Saturday Sept 24th
[Image: latest?cb=20120314135832]  VS [Image: RFC-Logo.jpg]

Date: Saturday September 24th
Kick off: 3.00 PM

[Image: reading_photo.jpg]

On Saturday the high flying Terriers will travel to Reading for what feels like the 53rd time in just a few years. the two clubs have developed a peculiar rivalry in recent times. owing much the the frequency in which they have played and controversial moments, a questionable sending off which led to a town collapse when dominating a game and winning 2-0 and some unkind comments from former player Norwoods wife.

Huddersfield come into the game hoping to continue there impressive start to the season. after a minor blip in their defeat at Bright town bounced straight back with a victory that was far more comprehensive than the the 2-1 score line suggested. with a full weeks rest it is expected that Wagner will have a full squad to choose from , the exception being Joe Lolley who looks like he'll be out another 2 to 3 weeks. with Wagner's rebuilt squad its of little concern as the Terriers have options in that role, its expected that the impressive youngster Kasey Palmer will start for the 2nd game in a row.

Some are expecting players to be rotated with a local derby at home to Rotherham coming up the following Tuesday so their could be starting places for the likes of Payne, Whitehead, Holmes-Dennis and Hefele. especially considering several players are very close to suspension. its obvious that a lot of effort has gone into making the John Smiths stadium a fortress and in keeping the fans at home on their side, Wagner will want all his first choice players available for a Yorkshire derby game.

[Image: cdhJZQVe.jpg]

A first start for the HEF ?

Reading have also had a decent start to the season and currently sit 8th in the table 2 places outside the playoffs but only by goal difference. after a shaky start that saw them lose 2 of their first 3 league games they are unbeaten in all competitions since the middle of august. Reading have also gone through something of a rebuilding process after losing key players such as Hal Robson-Kanu, Ola John,Aaron Thsibola and former town favorite Oliver Norwood during the summer. Jap Stamm invested that money in a host of young talent from premier league clubs including Tyler Beckett, Liam Moore and John Swift, he also went over seas to sign winger Roy Beerens from Hertha Berlin amongst others

Reading have been on something of a cup run this year and have reached the 4th round of the EFL cup after a hard fought 2-1 win against Brighton on tuesday night, Stamm made 8 changes for that game, so its unlikely fatigue will be an issue on saturday, however Tyler Blackett was shown a straight red card and will miss saturdays game , Liam moore also left the field injured and its uncertain whether he will be fit in time, this comes on top of McCleary's red card on saturday for violent conduct. he will also be suspended .

Record ,last 6 league games

Huddersfield WLWWWD
Reading       WDWWDL

Last Season

Huddersfield faced Reading 4 times last season

League
Reading 2-2 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 3-1 Reading

FA Cup
Huddersfield 2-2 Reading
Reading 5-2 Huddersfield

[Image: JS84876199.jpg]

Team

[Image: abLW1NNak1.png]
Draw your tactical diagram with this11.com

i personally dont think Wagner will change much, but i fancy Kachunga to get a rest and see how Payne and Wells work together

[Image: nintchdbpict000267552000.jpg?w=960]
theo_luddite, HighlandTerrier58, Lord Snooty And 4 others like this post
Nice one, MNT. Thumb up

Wagner said last night that Joe Lolley will be back training during the international break, so quite a while off a return to the first team yet. He's the only one out though and it's another thing about a winning squad, the niggly injuries don't tend to be niggly enough to keep a player out. They all want to play and they're not gonna let a broken leg or two keep them out. Big Grin
Billing still hasnt made the bench but martin craine does.... i reckon craine has been a peeping tom to someone at town! Wink

What did norwoods wife have to say?
Time and again I think he'll drop Kachunga and he doesn't, I think Kachunga will start and Wells will drop to the bench. Scanz or Bunn in on one of the wings with Payne replacing Palmer...basically I've no idea and I've watched them 6 times this season so what chance do the opposition have at working out who we are going to play
(22-09-2016, 11:22)WakeyTerrier Wrote: Time and again I think he'll drop Kachunga and he doesn't, I think Kachunga will start and Wells will drop to the bench. Scanz or Bunn in on one of the wings with Payne replacing Palmer...basically I've no idea and I've watched them 6 times this season so what chance do the opposition have at working out who we are going to play

Over the past 20 years we've travelled to Reading in league action 6 times and the honours are even, having P6 - W2 - D2 - L2 - F8 - A9 resulting in a sequence for Town of LWLDWD.  To date Reading have yet to lose at home having won 2 and drawn 2 (WDWD).  Smartass

So, looking at the above sequences Reading are due for a win on both counts, so I'm going for a single goal defeat for Town.  Dodgy   But hang on a minute, Town are league leaders on 19 points after only 8 matches, compared to last season when it took us until our 21st game to get past 19 points, taking us up to 19th in the table.  Sick

So, to hell with the stats, I'm going for a point at least and I reckon Town could even pinch all three.  Big Grin
Cracking thread MNT. I'll take a draw from this. Reading are playing good football and have always had a quality midfield. I expect Mooy to boss Norwood but could end up being a 1-1 with both sides doing enough to deserve the win but cancel each other out.
Norwood plays for Brighton now ELT
Good thread Mnt Thumb up
I've predicted a 2-1 away win for our boys in this, but I think I'd take the draw right now.
A draw would keep us in the top two guaranteed, and with a very winnable home game on Tue, would be a great start after 10 games.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Word of caution for anyone arriving by train and expecting a pint in the designated away fans pub based just outside the station...it closed last week for a refurb and won't open until 2017.
Aaarrgghhh, a disaster that one Wakey for anyone on the train. A damned good watering hole that if ever I bought a pint in one.

Nice thread MNT Thumb up. We haven't lost to Reading in the last 5 league matches, though some were maybe meaningless to them (or at least that's how they seemed to play at ours as they were more interested in their Cup runs) so we've every reason to go there and expect to come back with something. Jaap Stam has picked them up by the boot laces though since the first few games.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »