Thread Rating:
WBA vs Swansea - Match Thread
I know I am stating the obvious here and I am not having a go at anyone at all peeps, but I do feel too many people are getting far too complacent on the relegation issue.

We are 8 points above the relegation zone with every club still having a possible 42 points available. However unlikely it may be, the Vile could still potentially finish on 55 points.

On this forum we are still saying exactly the same as we were in the last transfer window and most things relate to the window before that as well. We seem to be in the position that we can all see what needs to be done, but no-one is interested in doing anything about it, and to make it worse, we as fans are still making the same excuses for the club and having the same discussions as we were a year ago.

I am a simple soul and see thing simply (why complicate things?) To win games you have to score goals, you can't score goals without attacking and if we keep sticking to this policy of defending at all cost and do not start drastically improving our shots on target, I fear we will be in the relegation zone come the end of the season. Rondon I know comes in for a lot of stick but I see a lot of potential in him and do believe he has a fair few goals in him, but he can not score from the half way line or for that matter after he is trying to sprint back into position from defence. We need to work on creativity in our midfield so every time we are defending we are not just hoofing the ball up the pitch and hoping it goes to one of our players, which it invariably does not and it comes straight back.

I am not in any way saying lets not worry about defence, what I am saying is that if we have the ball and are attacking, our opposition can not score.

Waffle over
Zinman, Baggievicar, BaggieMan like this post
(04-02-2016, 02:23)Beefy 1965 Wrote: This Damn premier league is so money based people go to all ends just to survive.......

How many old People like Aries, Bournemouth Baggie, Baggie Man & Skad can remember buying the shoot magazine for four weeks and collecting this little lot when football was fun  Thumb up

[Image: CZ6NEtCWwAIxgfr.jpg:large]
Beefy, remember it, a baggie since about 72 / 73, could not afford the magazines or the sticker books, recession during the 80's, my teenage years though. My mates dad owned a shop he had all the cool stuff.......
(04-02-2016, 15:00)Salopbaggie Wrote: I know I am stating the obvious here and I am not having a go at anyone at all peeps, but I do feel too many people are getting far too complacent on the relegation issue.

We are 8 points above the relegation zone with every club still having a possible 42 points available.  However unlikely it may be, the Vile could still potentially finish on 55 points.  

On this forum we are still saying exactly the same as we were in the last transfer window and most things relate to the window before that as well.  We seem to be in the position that we can all see what needs to be done, but no-one is interested in doing anything about it, and to make it worse, we as fans are still making the same excuses for the club and having the same discussions as we were a year ago.

I am a simple soul and see thing simply (why complicate things?)  To win games you have to score goals, you can't score goals without attacking and if we keep sticking to this policy of defending at all **** and do not start drastically improving our shots on target, I fear we will be in the relegation zone come the end of the season.  Rondon I know comes in for a lot of stick but I see a lot of potential in him and do believe he has a fair few goals in him, but he can not score from the half way line or for that matter after he is trying to sprint back into position from defence.  We need to work on creativity in our midfield so every time we are defending we are not just hoofing the ball up the pitch and hoping it goes to one of our players, which it invariably does not and it comes straight back.

I am not in any way saying lets not worry about defence, what I am saying is that if we have the ball and are attacking, our opposition can not score.

Waffle over

Salop

It certainly isn't waffle as you say - it's stark facts you are quoting and quite right, a lot of people are complacent on the possibility of relegation.

The same discussions took place last January and last summer and no doubt, unless there are dramatic changes, the same will happen this coming summer, if we retain our Premiership status.

In truth, nothing will change, and I make no apology for saying it again, until this anti-Christ of football is caste from our club for evermore.
Ok I have been listening and scoring Albion forums on the Web,
Now i'm as pissed as most of you at the football that's being served up
But TP saved us from relegation last year
Now ....................

Read this and just think about it for a moment,
I saw this post earlier on another forum.
I Welcome your thoughts on what I think is one of the best posts I have read in a long time Thumb up

People cheer when they win, boo when they don't. That's modern football.

This obsession with 'attractive' football is the biggest load of balls in the modern game. Premier League football is stale, crap and generally boring. The only interesting thing about this season is Leicester and they play much of their game without the ball. I don't want to take too much away from them as I'd love them to win it, but let's not kid ourselves that their emergence hasn't been as much about the shitness of the usual top teams.

When did anyone last see an 'attractive' game of Premier League football? The enthralling games are usually those full of mistakes and as a consequence, goals. You sometimes get expansive football when there's a mis-match, but games between evenly matched teams are generally dour and tedious affairs, whichever end of the table.

Modern football is full of twats from those reporting on it in the media, many playing and many supporters. There were boos at the Emirates when the final whistle went last night because they hadn't won. They could still win the league FFS and they're booing a home draw against Southampton where Forster has had a worldy and most commentators couldn't believe they didn't win the game.

People are force fed crap like possession stats which mean **** all. I've had so many Villa fans quoting the possession stats from last week's game and they now treat it like they beat us. When I point out that they didn't manage to get closer than a few 25 yard efforts that were comfortable for Foster they tell me I'm bitter. It's typical of the bull invented to sensationalise the news and give 'insight' that can be spun to suit their current agenda. There are only two stats that count, results and league tables.

You could watch SSN for a whole year and see nothing as insightful as the analysis piece on Swansea posted pre match. The problem is, SSN is the start and end of many modern supporters' football knowledge.

That pisses me off, so I'm currently booing the TV.
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
It is a very good post - whoever he/she is needs to post here as well
Dingle-Dingle likes this post
(04-02-2016, 02:23)Beefy 1965 Wrote: This Damn premier league is so money based people go to all ends just to survive.......

How many old People like Aries, Bournemouth Baggie, Baggie Man & Skad can remember buying the shoot magazine for four weeks and collecting this little lot when football was fun  Thumb up

[Image: CZ6NEtCWwAIxgfr.jpg:large]

I don't know what you lot are complaining about, look at our position in that picture and then look at our last 15 years since we dropped out of the prem!!!  Those were the days!!!  But we are on our way back, so watch out!!!!

By the way I noticed a post saying you had to be careful of FFP rules and not to break them, yet the rules for the prem allow you to post losses of up to 105m quid over three years, thats Boltonesque and surely there is no way WBA are pushing those limits???
Beefy 1965 likes this post
Thats a great point
I forgot about that
I think we are one of a few teams that make a profit,

The last three years have read £3m profit, £9m Profit & £13m Profit,and I hear last years figures reveal pretty much the same,

Some smoke screen somebody's putting up here Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Its called a 'profit screen' Beefy......

Whistle
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »