Thread Rating:
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation!
It's a bit disappointing tbh. The figures aren't there to make that final push yet.

Also the majority do not want another vote this year, or in coming years - even if Yes win in 2021!! Nor do the majority believe we will be better off outside the UK.
Those numbers must be very disappointing to the SNP after everything that has gone on since the last referendum.
And right on cue sturgeon shites out of pushing for another independence vote.
(31-01-2020, 07:30)St Charles Owl Wrote: Those numbers must be very disappointing to the SNP after everything that has gone on since the last referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s...s-51311288
The SNP must still look positively at these figures and with the eyes of a massive Scot indy movement watching and waiting for direction. There has been an additional "shift" in movement towards Scot indy and the last thing that I wanna see is any decrease in momentum. Remember that many people in the Scot indy movement see the SNP and Nicola Sturgeon as being the "main vehicle" to drive towards Scot indy. The end goal of Scot indy is the main objective of lotsa Scottish backers who don't care if the SNP "flies the flag" or other associates "take over the mantle" instead. I personally think that the Treaty of Union 1707 has been violated by the British govt. I've read the articles attached to this archaic and outdated treaty and would love to get a top lawyer's opinion re the preferential treatment given to NI and not to Scotland?????? Unity is "key" to pushing on with the campaign and perhaps "patience is a virtue" or is the time fast approaching where sadly civil disorder/disobedience will finally ensue as many within the Scot indy movement lose patience and disagree with the SNP's proposed way forward? I'd personally heed Nicola's cautionary comment that there is no "shortcut" option although I genuinely wish there was a peaceful one to follow. The FM is looking for certainty, no doubt about it! But as said previously, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!
What size of pro indy majority at Holyrood and what level of Yes support will make Boris Johnson fold and agree to a binding indyref? The bigger both are, the less likely it is to happen.

I've a feeling sturgeon is for the off. She has no appetite for this.
I agree re your sentiment in the 1st para. I believe that even if pro Scot indy parties had won all 59 seats in the Dec GE, this impudent, fascist British govt would have still uttered the same unconstitutional unionist shit that they have shamelessly preached!!!! Do you not also notice how many people from other political parties are preaching the same usual unionist bullshit. That means they must be forced by some action to "stand to attention" and start f###### well listening OR ELSE!!! THIS IS A CASE OF HOW SERIOUSLY DO YOU WANT IT AND HOW FAR DO YOU WANNA GO!! AFTER ALL, IT'S ONLY WEE OLD SCOTLAND EH!!!!!!
I'll end this thread with a quote from Ghandi before India's independence from the British Empire - "First they ignore you, then they insult you, then they fight you, then you win your freedom"! The ignoring and insulting is now happening; the form of the fight we have still to see!!!
Great lighting display last night on the EU Commission building in Brussels - Scotland and Europe emblazoned and intertwined with a love heart in the middle! Wonderful! We have many allies across the English Channel and fascist, unionist enemies in England - YOU COULDNAE MAKE IT UP!!
It's done now.

I find it really depressing, and sends us into a long period of uncertainty for me personally and us as a nation. I Don't believe any good will come of this, particularly for the farmers,fisheries and car manufacturers. But hey-ho, they wanted this.

The only way to mitigate it is to hold those driving it to account. And there’s going to be a lot of opportunity to do so.
I concur with that sentiment Jim and it is indeed very depressing to watch but one must "keep the chin up" and likewise with a massive amount of people in the scot indy movement many of whom are already forming different groups and organisation to "pass on the word" that Scot indy is coming as well as forming discussion groups to try and "bring on board" Scots, and others, who are not dismissive of the possibility of Scot indy but have been cautious and fearful of it. We need to convince that 16% "swing vote" that is potentially there to be taken and that includes lotsa people within the Scot Labour movement who must be starting to see the "writing on the wall" re the total implosion of Scot Labour and its alien attitude and policy against the mood of the country re the quest for self-determination.
Throughout the past 4 years the electorate and politicians kept saying that the Government need to respect the 'will of the people' and the referendum result. The referendum result has been implemented after 4 years.

If the opinion polls or if the Scottish Parliament decide to hold a referendum on whether they should have a referendum on independence and if that is Yes then Westminister should grant Scotland that referendum otherwise they are being hypocrites by allowing the EU result to stand and denying a democratic vote for another on Scottish independence. I watched a video yesterday where 2 young Scots are Anti EU but are Pro independence for Scotland.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »