Thread Rating:
WBA vs Swansea - Match Thread
(03-02-2016, 00:11)Tibby Baggie Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 00:04)DanTheSmethwickMan Wrote: Luckily there are 3 worse teams than us this season else we would be in a real relegation fight. If Sunderland and Norwich and of course Villa weren't so bad then I'd fear for us.

I'd add Newcastle to that list as well, but definitely a case of teams being worse which should keep us up. 

Can't wait for this season to be over now and hopefully the start of a squad rebuild in the summer!

But, to be honest, Tibby, assuming we stay up and, as a result that Pulis stays as manager, do you think next season will be any different because I cannot see how it will be? We don't have any creativity, pace or flair in the team and this is primarily down to Pulis, the players he buys and picks and the tactics he deploys. I see the issue as Pulis, as long he's the manager I don't think anything will change. He doesn't know another way, next season he will have a change of approach because he can't. I honestly believe next season will be more of the same.......but we'll have more money!
BaggieMan, aries22, Squirrel Regis like this post
We created enough chances to win that but the finishing wasn't good enough. Vaguely encouraging performance
One moment summed up Mr Pulis perfectly. A quick break from the edge of the area, Evans gives the ball to Maclean and goes racing into acres of space outside him.......until he gets to the half way line and stops (still with empty space ahead of him). 10 seconds later Swansea half 10 men behind the ball which is back with our centre halfs. Negative team selection, negative tactics and we only get players forward when we're losing with 5 minutes left. At least then the hoofball was effective.
In contrast to others I thought Rondon did well considering for most of the game he was 30 yards from the nearest colleague surrounded by defenders.
(03-02-2016, 00:44)betterthanbaird Wrote: We created enough chances to win that but the finishing wasn't good enough. Vaguely encouraging performance

That was utter shit. Poor team selection, negative dull tactics.
TP a very lucky boy tonight cos the crowd was turning and defeat would have possibly led to Pullis out chants.
Very disappointed and very disalusioned tonight. We will stop up as TP gets results but if this continues decisions must be made at the end of the season if TP can be trusted to rebuild this team.
Sad
BaggieMan likes this post
The simple truth is we are crap and in reality no better than the three worse teams people talk about. We had a lot of luck tonight in equalising with a pinball in the 6yard box, again in added time and with Pulis in charge we will continue to suffer this garbage season after season if JP doesn't act.

We are simply not good enough.

Sick
Must add that I was bemused like most of the crowd when our only ray of attacking light Sess was taken off !
McLean again showed that although he lacks nothing in effort is simply not good enough. Gives away possession and constantly fails to deliver crosses.
Love to know what TP sees in Craig Gardner because to me he is a complete waste of a shirt.
Hate to criticise Rondon as he needs a partner and tries his heart out but honestly the biscuit man looks more of a threat.
Will try and end on a positive - thought Sandro looked decent and glad to have Foster back between the sticks.
Thumb up
And big Vic looked great when he came on Smile

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm 1h1 hour ago
#WBA Not good news about Jonny Evans. Pulis reports he will be out "for a few weeks" with a hamstring problem #baggies
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(03-02-2016, 01:56)Beefy 1965 Wrote: And big Vic looked great when he came on  Smile

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm  1h1 hour ago
#WBA Not good news about Jonny Evans. Pulis reports he will be out "for a few weeks" with a hamstring problem #baggies

Evans: As predicted by Drewks BEFORE kick off,  Whistle Drewks they used to burn people at the stake for that buddy Whistle
drewks likes this post
Did we at least deserve the draw?
(03-02-2016, 00:37)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 00:11)Tibby Baggie Wrote:
(03-02-2016, 00:04)DanTheSmethwickMan Wrote: Luckily there are 3 worse teams than us this season else we would be in a real relegation fight. If Sunderland and Norwich and of course Villa weren't so bad then I'd fear for us.

I'd add Newcastle to that list as well, but definitely a case of teams being worse which should keep us up. 

Can't wait for this season to be over now and hopefully the start of a squad rebuild in the summer!

But, to be honest, Tibby, assuming we stay up and, as a result that Pulis stays as manager, do you think next season will be any different because I cannot see how it will be? We don't have any creativity, pace or flair in the team and this is primarily down to Pulis, the players he buys and picks and the tactics he deploys. I see the issue as Pulis, as long he's the manager I don't think anything will change. He doesn't know another way, next season he will have a change of approach because he can't. I honestly believe next season will be more of the same.......but we'll have more money!

In my defence I didn't say Pulis should rebuild our squad, just that it should be rebuilt in the summer. 

If you've read my posts in the Should he be sacked thread you already know I share the same view that I don't want Pulis in charge for next season, so I'm not sure why my post has been focused upon to be honest.

We're being very blinkered if we truly think our poor performances are solely down to just one man. There's dead wood in our squad that needs replacing and the sooner it happens, the better.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »