Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
Looks like a last minute extra striker and maybe a defender to me.

Plus I hope we loan out or sell Zohore
(30-08-2021, 11:11)Baggievicar Wrote: So what are people expecting by tomorrow night?
Haaland in, playing for free as a hitherto-unknown Baggies fan? HRK? Tumbleweed?

I see Troy Deeney is being strongly linked.
First thoughts are "NO OOOO"..... but it could actually be a shrewd move for a year considering our current playing style
(30-08-2021, 11:25)drewks Wrote:
(30-08-2021, 11:11)Baggievicar Wrote: So what are people expecting by tomorrow night?
Haaland in, playing for free as a hitherto-unknown Baggies fan? HRK? Tumbleweed?

First thoughts are "NO OOOO"..... but it could actually be a shrewd move for a year considering our current playing style

When I saw that link yesterday, I thought how many times is this going to be linked, window after window, he obviously does not want to come or he would have already. So if he does come now it will be because there is nothing better on the table, personally I would rather sign HRK again, better the devil you know and I think his commitment would suit the VI style.
TBH is Troy looking for football or just a nice little earner? His best days are behind him. I believe he's looking for his last pay day and a fat signing on bonus. We should be looking for a younger version of Deeney who doesn't want a small fortune to warm the bench.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I'm not sure of his (TD) motives - surely financially he'd be better off staying at Watford for the remaining year of his contract?
As for HRK, yeah, you'd think his game WOULD suit VI's methods wouldn't you? T'would be strange if he was re-signed weeks after being released - maybe a first?
Didn't the same thing happen with HRK last season?
(30-08-2021, 11:44)Salopbaggie Wrote:
(30-08-2021, 11:25)drewks Wrote:

When I saw that link yesterday, I thought how many times is this going to be linked, window after window, he obviously does not want to come or he would have already.  So if he does come now it will be because there is nothing better on the table, personally I would rather sign HRK again, better the devil you know and I think his commitment would suit the VI style.

Hi I agree, Deeney has had his time, I was a fan of Deeney when we were first being linked to him a couple of years ago, but if you take away his penalty goals, how many has he scored in the last two seasons? 

HRK would fill a gap but again past his best. There must be a level 3 or 4 bustling forward who is more suited. On the way up not on the way down, someone we could poach for a couple of million, big and gets in people’s faces. Plus we can throw in a loan deal of one of the up and coming under 23’s.

Astle came from Notts co.
Bob Taylor from Bristol city
Cyrille from Hayes.

I am not asking for much but this is the standard I expect. All improved when they were with us. As Vi says we need ones which suit our style. They don’t need to be the finished article, someone to help out if we get a couple of injuries or suspensions!
Baggievicar likes this post
Deeney was never coming here all rubbish paper talk, signed for his home town club Blues on a two year contract.
(30-08-2021, 22:37)wba13 Wrote: Deeney was never coming here all rubbish paper talk, signed for his home town club Blues on a two year contract.

With an option of a further year.
Big commitment for an old boy.
Will help blues in the games he plays.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Rumours of Rondon being looked at by Everton. Of course he played for Benitez at Newcastle and in China. Would like to see him in the PL again!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »