Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
We all know where the money has gone.
With transfer fee's, together with wages saved.
Gallagher and Ferguson added.
The total would be approaching £50 million.
With flex down and parachute payments designed to equal the annual running costs.
If no money is available the £50 million must be in the hands of our owner.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Why do West Brom fans have such a downer on there club, this is a Covid time unless your a top 6 club or are bankrolled there is no money.
Nobody in the championship is spending except Fulham who have a money owner, we have brought in the players that Ismael wanted and he likes a small squad. I also think we will bring in one more and could possibly sell one.
For this division we have a strong squad and anybody who throws we have no back up in case of injuries, well what about the other 23 teams we have a stronger back up than most of these and a better wage structure.
I am like the rest of you and dislike the owner but saying that every penny that comes into the club goes into his pocket is wrong.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
(27-08-2021, 11:06)wba13 Wrote: Why do West Brom fans have such a downer on there club, this is a Covid time unless your a top 6 club or are bankrolled there is no money.
Nobody in the championship is spending except Fulham who have a money owner, we have brought in the players that Ismael wanted and he likes a small squad. I also think we will bring in one more and could possibly sell one.
For this division we have a strong squad and anybody who throws we have no back up in case of injuries, well what about the other 23 teams we have a stronger back up than most of these and a better wage structure.
I am like the rest of you and dislike the owner but saying that every penny that comes into the club goes into his pocket is wrong.

Nobody ever said every penny coming in goes into the owners pocket. I believe we have £50 million surplus. We do need circa £70 million to run the club for a season in the championship. That is covered by our parachute money, sponsorship, gate, STH, gate, advertising, etc.

Back to the question where is that £50 million and why is Val saying players have to leave before we bring any in. 

We need to be realistic and recognise we have to get promoted, this season or next. We don't need to blow £50 million on players. £15 million on 3 good players could be the difference between promotion or mid table. If anyone thinks that is not reasonable 
It's time to give up on football.

Another reality check we need to be clear on, without parachute money we will have sell to survive and then the wilderness awaits. 

The way we are behaving ATM we are reassembling an asset stripping exercise.
In a Covid year with less premiership money coming in with possibly the highest wage bill in the division , even after half wage cuts, I cannot see the point in buying two or three players that will take us into the red. We live by our means.Sheffield Utd haven’t bought anyone Fulham sent back a load of loans. We have one of the strongest squads in the Championship wil be there or there about s come May. If we bought 3 players at 5 mill each add wages let’s say 20 thousand a week for each so that’s a total outlay of just over 18 mill which we would then go into the red for . For me that’s pointless we need stability to survive, not recklessness to go under,
We will always disagree on this Blue but I like our squad and our manager and I think we will have a successful season.
(27-08-2021, 03:17)Salopbaggie Wrote: W.T.F.  Where has all the money gone??

Boss Valerien Ismael admits Albion’s hopes of further signings before Tuesday’s transfer deadline rests on moving players out.
Asked about the chance of signing more players before the window closes, Ismael replied: “I think at the minute we are satisfied with the last signing.
“I think only if something happens in the outgoings, then we can do something in the incomings.”
(Express & Dingle Website)

Our out goings were 16 in number:
Pereira, Harper, Hegazy, Gibbs, Grosicki, Edwards, Austin, Peltier, Field, Lonergan, Sawyers, Robson-Kanu, Clarke, Ivanovic, Diagne and Yokuslu.

Our incomings are 4 or 5:  Reach, Mowatt, Clarke, Hugill and is there one other?  I can't remember

Castro: looked like he has potential given the arsenal showing unlike Reach imo

So why do we need to move people out before bringing anyone else in?
Answers on a postcode to:
(27-08-2021, 14:08)wba13 Wrote: In a Covid year with less premiership money coming in with possibly the highest wage bill in the division , even after half wage cuts, I cannot see the point in buying two or three players that will take us into the red. We live by our means.Sheffield Utd haven’t bought anyone Fulham sent back a load of loans. We have one of the strongest squads in the Championship  wil be there or there about s come May. If we bought 3 players at 5 mill each add wages let’s say 20 thousand a week for each so that’s a total outlay of just over 18 mill which we would then go into the red for . For me that’s pointless we need stability to survive, not recklessness to go under,
We will always disagree on this Blue but I like our squad and our manager and I think we will have a successful season.

I'm greedy and want more. The £18 million you speak of would still leave a surplus of £32 million. We wouldn't be in the red.
We do disagree on occasions but your a baggies fan so I'm on your side sir.
Well looks like there could be another incoming according to Nixon, Jayson Molumby a midfielder from Brighton knows Clark, and Robinson and OShea from Ireland. Had an excellent season at Millwall but not so good at Preston. Mind you at Preston he was played out of position as a No10.
All action very combative good engine bring it on.
Blue Baggie likes this post
(27-08-2021, 16:07)wba13 Wrote: Well looks like there could be another incoming according to Nixon, Jayson Molumby a midfielder from Brighton knows Clark, and Robinson and OShea from Ireland. Had an excellent season at Millwall but not so good at Preston. Mind you at Preston he was played out of position as a No10.

I'm with you on that. We could of course being led a merry dance and have a pot of money available but pretending we are bankrupt. Time will tell.
As a club we have never made public what we have or don't have.
(27-08-2021, 20:24)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(27-08-2021, 16:07)wba13 Wrote: Well looks like there could be another incoming according to Nixon, Jayson Molumby a midfielder from Brighton knows Clark, and Robinson and OShea from Ireland. Had an excellent season at Millwall but not so good at Preston. Mind you at Preston he was played out of position as a No10.

I'm with you on that. We could of course being led a merry dance and have a pot of money available but pretending we are bankrupt. Time will tell.
As a club we have never made public what we have or don't have.
Also looking at a striker but he might not be available until Jan.  Ismael happy to wait. sounds like Dike as American transfer window is shut, so they couldn’t get a replacement.

Jansen Molumby midfielder signed on loan to buy from Brighton
Squad looks better with the two signed this week.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
So what are people expecting by tomorrow night?
Haaland in, playing for free as a hitherto-unknown Baggies fan? HRK? Tumbleweed?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »