Thread Rating:
Appy ??
(17-03-2018, 22:17)SomersetBaggie Wrote:
(17-03-2018, 13:32)Baggievicar Wrote: Haven't followed him very closely but I can't say he's ever impressed me. Surely we can look higher.

But would a 'higher' manager be interested in coming to a club in decline which needs a total clear out but with very limited budget?

Limited budget?? You will be the wealthiest club in the Championship, at least from a transfer and spending point of view. You get your 100m for finishing bottom and then get a further 60m in parachute payments next season. Our turnover is 25m, we actually take more in ticket revenue that you do but we have only 2m of tv money. You need to go for a manager that can get you promoted, nothing more, nothing less. Forget about finding a manager that can manage in the PL, that can come later!! Don’t worry about budget, worry about finding a manager who can spend your money wisely.
(18-03-2018, 03:19)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(17-03-2018, 13:32)Baggievicar Wrote: Haven't followed him very closely but I can't say he's ever impressed me. Surely we can look higher.

But would a 'higher' manager be interested in coming to a club in decline which needs a total clear out but with very limited budget?

Limited budget??  You will be the wealthiest club in the Championship, at least from a transfer and spending point of view.  You get your 100m for finishing bottom and then get a further 60m in parachute payments next season.  Our turnover is 25m, we actually take more in ticket revenue that you do but we have only 2m of tv money.  You need to go for a manager that can get you promoted, nothing more, nothing less.  Forget about finding a manager that can manage in the PL, that can come later!!  Don’t worry about budget, worry about finding a manager who can spend your money wisely.

A wise Owl ........

I hate the premier league ....... I would rather the football league disconnected from the greed league, no promotion no relegation, completely separate like rugby league and union. I would say with no new blood the prem would go stale but it's stale already, same top four, same next four and then there's the rest ....... yawwwwwwwnnnnn!!!
Maddix likes this post
We need a young Eddie Howe type manager who wants the team to succeed and play good football - and much depends on the players who don't want to leave. Who will they be? Huh Huh
Not the older players I hope.
WBA World Cup P/League WINNER 2018. WBA League Cup Winner 2021.
WBA Prediction Legue WINNER 2020/21 Play off winner 23
HUDDERSFIELD FC Prediction League WINNER 2021/22/RU 23

Best author award Mystery Novels 2021 Thumb up
(17-03-2018, 23:02)Baggievicar Wrote:

We need to do everything we can to try to get them interested! If not, THEN we go to Appy/Pearson/whoever/
But not Dave Jones.

I don't think our budget in Championship terms could be called limited. Not with the so called 'parachute payments' (ask St Charles Owl) but, what may be limited is Mr.Lai's willingness to spend them.

Sick
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Apply and Shakespeare combination?
Or maybe Pearson.
Baggiebob(BBB) Wrote:We need a young Eddie Howe type manager who wants the team to succeed and play good football - and much depends on the players who don't want to leave. Who will they be? Huh Huh
Not the older players I hope.

Give Eddie Howe what he wants to come, can't be on much at BAFC  Thumb up

Limited budget??  You will be the wealthiest club in the Championship, at least from a transfer and spending point of view.  You get your 100m for finishing bottom and then get a further 60m in parachute payments next season.  Our turnover is 25m, we actually take more in ticket revenue that you do but we have only 2m of tv money.  You need to go for a manager that can get you promoted, nothing more, nothing less.  Forget about finding a manager that can manage in the PL, that can come later!!  Don’t worry about budget, worry about finding a manager who can spend your money wisely.

That depends on how much Lai is prepared to put into the club
Phil, not really, if you just spend what you will be earning, you will still have a turnover about 3-4 times that of ours!! FFP rules in the Championship limit losses to 39m over three seasons, we can’t even financially compete with you over 1 season and not exceed that, let alone the 4 seasons you get parachute payments for. Lai won’t have to put any money into the club for you to be ok.
drewks likes this post
(21-03-2018, 02:38)St Charles Owl Wrote: Phil, not really, if you just spend what you will be earning, you will still have a turnover about 3-4 times that of ours!!  FFP rules in the Championship limit losses to 39m over three seasons, we can’t even financially compete with you over 1 season and not exceed that, let alone the 4 seasons you get parachute payments for.  Lai won’t have to put any money into the club for you to be ok.

No excuses then.
We'll be better for this experience (humiliation and finishing bottom) - we'll learn from it, come back stronger and smash the other Championship scumtons from whatever dump they come from.

(With apologies to Eddie Jones) Blush
(21-03-2018, 02:38)St Charles Owl Wrote: Phil, not really, if you just spend what you will be earning, you will still have a turnover about 3-4 times that of ours!!  FFP rules in the Championship limit losses to 39m over three seasons, we can’t even financially compete with you over 1 season and not exceed that, let alone the 4 seasons you get parachute payments for.  Lai won’t have to put any money into the club for you to be ok.

It's not so much Lai putting money in - it's more of a question of how much is he going to take out.
With his 200 mil investment dropping drastically in value he has 2 choices invest or a fire sale.
Mark Jenkins our new head boy is renown for stripping money from the club and into the owners pockets.
I think he will instruct the new manager - he must generate his own transfer funds with sales as his
opening gambit. I believe 15M will be generated via sales and 30M will be needed to replace them
and the 3 loanee's + 6M to pay Pardew off. This should leave a good surplus pending which way Lai
decides to go with future investment or not.
(18-03-2018, 11:51)4evaabaggie Wrote:

A wise Owl ........

I hate the premier league ....... I would rather the football league disconnected from the greed league, no promotion no relegation, completely separate like rugby league and union. I would say with no new blood the prem would go stale but it's stale already, same top four, same next four and then there's the rest ....... yawwwwwwwnnnnn!!!

I'm praying for the day that the European Super League starts then all the money bags teams can f'uck off and take the television companies with them. Then we can have our football back Cool
BaggieMan, drewks, 4evaabaggie like this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »