Thread Rating:
Burnley vs WBA - Match Thread
Josh ........ I think that is a fair summary ..... we probably need a win to hold on to eighth, Saints have a tough run in, Leicester may be are biggest threat.

Fifty points are out the window ...... I can't see us taking five points from Chelsea, Man City and Swansea.
Quote on BBC from TP.

"People who have been giving us stick don't understand. We will make a MASSIVE PROFIT at the end of the season, this club is run very professionally. We have to survive and we do that very well."

What about entertainment and enjoyment for the fans though.??

DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
So with this Massive profit and extra millions coming into the club a new (Billionaire owner) i take it we can expect a spending spree this summer then Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Well, I'm glad we didn't lose again and I'm glad we scored two goals to come from behind and take the lead, but oh, Ben Foster! So unlike him.
Baggie man, it is definitely Clive Clark, and I am going to have to Google the name of the Burnley keeper. Thompson rings a bell.
Edit: Harry Thomson, but I think this 'keeper is Adam Blacklaw. Anyone else know?
I think Rondon proved if he can get the ball in scoring positions he will score. The inability for our midfield to link up and create scoring positions for him is the problem. It just seems like we're constantly passing it back to the defenders and lumping it up the field. You can bring in Defoe, Aguero, Lewondowski........ whoever? They are not gonna score with that kind of service!
BaggieMan and Stairs like this post
When we hit our purple patch in the middle of the season Chadli played behind Rondon
Why oh why has he not returned to this ?
Incidentally well played James Mclean seems he is the only one with any guts and purpose at the moment Thumb up
drewks likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
N
(07-05-2017, 20:37)Beefy 1965 Wrote: When we hit our purple patch in the middle of the season Chadli played behind Rondon
Why oh why has he not returned to this ?
Incidentally well played James Mclean seems he is the only one with any guts and purpose at the moment   Thumb up

I think the reason why Tony Pulis hasn't gone back to playing Chadli behind Rondon is because Tony Pulis wants his number 10, when he chooses to deploy one, (Normally it is 1 defensive midfielder and 2 central midfielders) to drop deep alongside the 2 centre midfielders to make a 4-1-4-1 shape when we haven't got the ball and as we know Chadli isn't the best at his defensive work.

When Morrison plays as a number 10 (which in my opinion is when he and the team plays at their best) he ,unless instructed to stay higher, will drop back into a centre midfield position and do the defensive duty asked of him.

Funnily enough we were better all round earlier in the season when we attacked as a 4-2-3-1 and defended as a 4-4-1-1 because our out ball from the back was the attacking midfielder (Morrison) who could drive forward with the ball. Rondon was also less isolated upfront battling on his own.

I really hope Tony Pulis' plan for next season is to sign a talented left winger, play Chadli behind Rondon or a new striker (Duvan Zapata hopefully) and instruct Chadli to stay forward when we haven't got the ball in a 4-4-1-1 shape. I think Chadli as a central driving force on the counter-attack will be successful.
BaggieSteve likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »