Thread Rating:
WBA vs Liverpool - Match Thread
Trousers - sometimes he's hot but mainly he's cold
Chadli's done his 60 mins of nothing. Good money for nothing.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Pulis' record against Liverpool blown away then. Poor result but hey, its football !

Whistle
I think we can safely say they're back on the beach again despite the result against Arsenal. Three consecutive defeats now...

The points tally we've achieved with this squad is miraculous and it's now apparent there's a huge amount of money to be spent / players to be brought in over the summer.
Poor performance again. Wait until the last 10 minutes until we try to get more than 1 player forward. Our only hope of scoring is from set pieces but we don't attack enough to get any.
We're always going to do well to get anything out of the top six teams, let alone top four. I can take the defeats, but if we could just take more of our chances, I'd be a lot happier.
If we're being honest, I'm not sure what we could have expected from that team. When I saw the line up of Fletcher, Livermore and Yacob in midfield with HRK up front, I somehow didn't think that Klopp would be crapping himself. We may have limited resources but we do have some exciting youngsters who surely now deserve a game. Unfortunately, Pulis seems to have a blind spot regarding this, together with any ideas on creative, attacking football, so I expect we'll get the same dross in two weeks time at Man City, only it'll be more than 0-1. Still, as long as "the lads work aaard", what more can we ask? No creativity, no punch and, with the exception of Phillips, no pace. Apart from that, we're the complete team.
Baggievicar likes this post
Pullis has this all wrong
Liverpool were crap as well and we really should have beaten them,
Chadli has to play behind the front man not wide
McClean out left Phillips out right,

Obviously we will need a top quality striker in the Summer and another quality winger.

Agree with the above why not give Leko , Field and Co a chance ? what we got to lose other than our Flip Flops Doh
Baggievicar and BaggieSteve like this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
This is getting a tad tiresome. Yes its liverpool top 3 blah blah but its not just liverpool its every team we face lately regardless.
I have no confidence we will get anything from our remaining fixtures either:- Leicester (back on track ex baggie at the helm) Burnley at Turf Moor (hard place to go)
Man city chelsea FN forget it then finally swansea (new manager fighting for their lives) I'm going to be really brave and predict 2 pts out of that lot finish on 46 in 11th place
and thats being optimistic if i'm honest. Now I must start looking at where I'm going on holiday this year TTFN Sad
(16-04-2017, 17:13)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Agree with the above why not give Leko , Field and Co a chance ? what we got to lose other than our Flip Flops  Doh

Quote from Pulis on the BBC saying at least now we have an opportunity to give the young players a go. So what's changed? Hasn't that opportunity been there for the last few games? I really can't fathom him.
BaggieSteve likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »