Thread Rating:
WBA vs Liverpool - Match Thread
Apparently Pulis criticised Foster for going forward at the end as he doesn't llke his keeper trying to score....just like his defenders, midfielders and strikers.
(16-04-2017, 21:22)Zinman Wrote: Apparently Pulis criticised Foster for going forward at the end as he doesn't llke his keeper trying to score....just like his defenders, midfielders and strikers.

I know what you're saying zinman, but I've got to say that I hate seeing this too.....have I missed a great number of keepers scoring in the last few minutes of a game or something, or is it as rare as a Saido header??
We weren't that bad yesterday. Liverpool scored one but I don't recall Foster having any other saves to make. However our finishing was woeful. HRK and Chadli both had gilt edge chances in the first half which they didn't take. The same with Matty Phillips in the second half. It was mayhem at the end when Foster went up and Liverpool broke away but at least they didn't score. We so desperately need a quality striker.
Certainly time to give the youngsters a chance!
Also thought the ref and linesmen were shocking! Favoured Liverpool big time!
I cringe when I see a goalie 'going up' - it always reminds me of a comedian joining in with the song and dance at the end of a Variety show.
It's not the 1st time Foster's 'gone up', and what did he think he could do that McClean couldn't?
Why didn't Pulis tell him off a few weeks ago?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Personally I have no problem with the keeper going forward in the last minute of a cup game (if we are losing), in the league though goal differentials matter, so I do not like to see a keeper go forward in league games.
We looked better yesterday when Morrison came on and played close to Rondon in a 4-2-3-1 formation. For the past few months Morrison has been playing deeper alongside Fletcher in a 4-1-4-1 formation which restricts his influence going forward. Our best form earlier in the season came when we played Morrison behind Rondon so I hope Tony Pulis will go back to it.

Foster
Dawson-McAuley-Evans-Brunt
Livermore-Fletcher
Phillips-Morrison-Chadli
Rondon

4-4-1-1 without possession and 4-2-3-1 in possession.
BaggieSteve likes this post
Both Fletcher and Chadli need to be dropped imo. James Mac gets far more involved and works hard. Yacob for Fletcher.

If you're going to play Chadli it has to be down the middle as he's no good out wide BUT  i'd have Morrison over him all day long. Chadli not the same since his injury but mainly out wide where he's wasted.

McClean on the left for me, more direct with a very high work ethic and gets good crosses in.

Foster

Dawson-Gmac-Evans-Brunt

Livermore-Yacob

Phillips-Morrison-McClean

Rondon
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »