Thread Rating:
Watford vs WBA - Match Thread
Stairs, the lack of interest on this Thread is because last night the System crashed (or whatever) all through the 2nd half and after the match.

The 2nd half was all Albion, but I don't think we practise opening up defences, and, despite having 1/2 doz corners we just couldn't produce a clinical finish. Matt Phillips made all the difference when he came on for the 2nd half, and looked class. But we didn't take advantage of the extra man after their defender was sent off. I'd have been fuming if I was a Watford fan - the ref gave us everything, and them nothing. In fact the 2nd half was 'roles reversed', where they put all men behind the ball and we couldn't open them up.
Stairs likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(04-04-2017, 20:17)Ska Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 19:55)Worldclassalbion Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 21:58)Bierzo Baggie Wrote: Cyrille-Peter Eastoe-Martin Jol-Romeo Zondervan-Gary Owen-John Barnes-Nigel Callaghan

Sorry, had to get that out of my system!

No idea who the number 5 is.. belter of a shot though!

Was it Steve Simms, ended up at the Villa?

It is, yes.

I played against him when I was at Tividale, I nut megged him and shouted 'MEGS' then felt his breath on the back of my neck as he came after me and then I was flying sideways into a uncontrolled Cart Wheel as he kick me up in the air Laugh Laugh

I Scored from the resulting free kick. I honestly can't remember who he was playing for but a great moment for me, albeit a painful one.
Ska'dForLife-WBA likes this post
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(05-04-2017, 09:39)talkSAFT Wrote: Stairs, the lack of interest on this Thread is because last night the System crashed (or whatever) all through the 2nd half and after the match.

The 2nd half was all Albion, but I don't think we practise opening up defences, and, despite having 1/2 doz corners we just couldn't produce a clinical finish. Matt Phillips made all the difference when he came on for the 2nd half, and looked class. But we didn't take advantage of the extra man after their defender was sent off. I'd have been fuming if I was a Watford fan - the ref gave us everything, and them nothing. In fact the 2nd half was 'roles reversed', where they put all men behind the ball and we couldn't open them up.

Yeah I couldn't get on last night either,
I get a My BB error or something ? Huh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Further to the stuff above about errors, the site seemed to crash as I was posting the Southampton match thread and the whole thing has now vanished into the ether, so will just use this for comments unless I can find the time to re-do it tomorrow.
Interesting ....

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ran...page=0%2C9
Worldclassalbion likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Beefy, well found, good article, would not disagree, love it when we're Boing Boing baggies'ing. Atmosphere been a bit hit and miss the last few years ...... seems to be the consequence of being mid table security.. lack of hope of reaching top six but secure in the knowledge of not being in the dogfight.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »