Thread Rating:
WBA vs Arsenal - Match Thread
Great result but why are all the reports on internet about Arsenal and Wengers future and not about Albion's performance.
What an exceptional result and well done the lads in confounding all the pro-Arsenal pundits who were convinced we would be well beaten.

I have to admit that I was one who forecasted an easy win for the 'Arse' based on our recent performances. Given I tipped us to get something out of the Everton game, perhaps I should always forecast we get beaten!  

Laugh
Off the topic I know but interesting that the Sjokie fans are moaning about the lack of impact or contribution Snorto has made since joining nearly two months ago. Subbed again today.
Think we may have ripped them off at £15m

Big Grin
(16-03-2017, 15:54)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: I feel a result and a shock on the cards here. 3-1 Baggies. DD  Thumb up  Thumb up

Bang on, DD! Wink Thumb up
Looks like arsenals grip on the top 4 trophy is starting to loosen.
Piers Morgan ✔ @piersmorgan
West Brom fans now chanting 'Olé'.
I'm done. #afc
2:14 PM - 18 Mar 2017

Whoever runs West Brom’s Twitter account was obviously made aware of Morgan’s tweet – and decided to respond with one of their own after the game:

Follow
West Bromwich Albion ✔ @WBA
Olé! ?#TearsForPiers #WBA https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/8...6240710656
3:18 PM - 18 Mar 2017

That made us – and thousands of other Twitter users – laugh. No doubt there were plenty more clapping at seeing the controversial Morgan get shut down

By the way well done DD
Prediction for Man Utd please......

You know what you have to do mystic Ding !!!!!!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Well hush my pessimistic mouth. I can only assume TP had some left over rockets from bonfire night and inserted them up some collective butts coz that was a performance full of guts and determination  and we seriously disrupted Arsenal. I did say last week we might yet get a surprise result off a top 6 team but after the palace and Everton games I didn't expect it against Arsenal but there you go. I thought Thierry and Jamie were quite positive about Albion until we actually won then it was almost comical how much they slated arsenals performance as the worst they'd ever seen in the entire history of football as they know it. Ha ha! However as my dad says a team only plays as good as the opposition let's them. We parked the bus gave them 77% possession but restricted them to very few chances We did what we do best that is scored two great headed goals from set pieces yes sky pundits they were very good goals daws movement and leap and finish was majestic Arsenal just couldn't deal with it and let's be fair about this not many teams have lived with our aerial prowess this season gawd bless uncle tone for his Choice and love of big tall strong defenders coz that's where most of our goals have come from and whilst other top teams have the pick of the best strikers we've found a way to get results that doesn't rely on having great strikers. resisting the temptation to text my ex girlfriend who's a gooner and get some payback lol
BaggieMan likes this post
Fantastic performances from Dawson, Evans, Livermore and McClean in particular. Special mention for Nyoms run down the left early in the game.

What's even more impressive about the result and performance is that I felt that we had a few players who I'd have given no more than a 5/10 and we still looked very comfortable in the win.

We've got some real tests coming up in our last 8 games of the season and the confidence gained for the players from the performance yesterday is absolutely priceless.

Let's hope we'll be making fools out of United at Old Trafford come April 1st Thumb up  

Boing boing!

(18-03-2017, 21:25)BaggieMan Wrote: Off the topic I know but interesting that the Sjokie fans are moaning about the lack of impact or contribution Snorto has made since joining nearly two months ago. Subbed again today.
Think we may have ripped them off at £15m

Big Grin

He has been stealing a wage as a "professional" footballer ever since his tweet threatening not to play for us - good riddance to bad rubbish and very glad it was Stoke who were the muppets to have bought him.

It appears it's not just Pulis in his Stoke days who had a penchant for overspending on bog standard average players. Hughes goes one further and overspends on Druggies as well haha.
BaggieMan likes this post
Val....  "my dad says a team only plays as good as the opposition let them".  
Your dad is 100% correct and it annoys me no end when you get stupid comments from people like Henry and Rednapp when they come out with "they didn't play well" excuses.

Why didn't Arsenal play well? Because we feckin well didn't let 'em!  

Good 'un your Dad is Val!
(19-03-2017, 12:43)BaggieMan Wrote: Val....  "my dad says a team only plays as good as the opposition let them".  
Your dad is 100% correct and it annoys me no end when you get stupid comments from people like Henry and Rednapp when they come out with "they didn't play well" excuses.

Why didn't Arsenal play well? Because we feckin well didn't let 'em!  

Good 'un your Dad is Val!

Nice one baggie man I fear the only thing my dad hasn't got right is his choice of team as he and my brother are Villains lol! Needless to say they've both lost interest in football this season. Wink Interesting titbit for you all is I had a mole in the machine last week? A certain lady cellist of chinese origin who has played on my latest album in the making was invited to a dinner with other fairly well known chinese business men and women last week. She texted me to say she would be hanging out with a couple of football club owners in Birmingham. Yes none other than a certain Messrs Lai and Xia. I sent her a picture of all my baggies Shirts with a message to ruthlessly plug my band. Which she did with aplomb it seems Mr Lai was well impressed with my collection dating back to 1973 and also intrigued about her musical venture with us mixing rock and classical. I expect to be bought out by the end of the week and see our net value of £671.93p soar as WBA sponsors Symphony of Pain Big Grin Yeeees i've been taking some of what DD and Talksaft were taking before yesterdays KO lol! Oh to dream Smile
drewks likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »