Thread Rating:
WBA vs Arsenal - Match Thread
[Image: DSC_0611.jpg]

A late Tony Brown winner unleashes joy at the Hawthorns; Albion vs Arsenal, 19th October 1968

We have one more fixture remaining before the spring international break, and after our last two games it feels a bit like we're reeling on the ropes, praying for the merciful sound of the bell. Of course, what you don't particularly want in that situation is the short swift uppercut of Arsenal at home thundering towards your jaw, but nevertheless that's what we've got to look forward to on Saturday as the Wengerbus comes to town.

It may not be an insurmountable challenge, as we came out 2-1 winners in this fixture last season (way back in the mists of November 2015), and old Arsene happens to be under a degree of pressure as many Gunners supporters seem to have finally had enough him. That is, the ones who hadn't had enough of him in 2016, and 2015, and 2014, and 2013...

In all honesty, if he's going to shore up their ailing fortunes this season it'll probably begin with a result against us, because it always does. However, at the very least I'd hope that we won't make it easy for them. Would be nice to see a goal at the very least, and a tight game that gives us hope of seeing something better when the international break's done.

[Image: DSC_0614.jpg]

Arsenal right-back Brendon Batson marks Willie Johnston as Bob Wilson smothers the ball; the Hawthorns, 28th February 1973
BaggieMan and Stairs like this post
I feel a result and a shock on the cards here. 3-1 Baggies. DD Thumb up Thumb up
Ubique.
Dingle, I said the same before the Everton game.... Doh
Keeping my gob shut this time!
Laugh
After predicting something out of the Everton game, I'm going to do the same here.
The longer it stays 0-0 the more nervous/exasperated/frantic they'll get........sounds like an opportunity for TP to go right against his normal approach versus a big team, and concede possession, pack the defence, frustrate the opposition and try and nab a goal from a set piece or complete breakaway.
1-1 or a sneaky 1-0 (with 0.005% possession)
(16-03-2017, 15:27)Ska Wrote: A late Tony Brown winner unleashes joy at the Hawthorns; Albion vs Arsenal, 19th October 1968

Oh, Ska'd, how I remember that game. Standing in the BRE right behind the free kick as Bomber blasted it in. Whenever we got a free kick twenty yards out, up stepped Bomber ?. As for this Saturday, I would happily take a point, I want us to arrest what, I fear, could be a slide into a possible repeat of last season's sign off.

(16-03-2017, 15:54)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: I feel a result and a shock on the cards here. 3-1 Baggies. DD  Thumb up  Thumb up

I'll have one of what you're drinking, Dingle!
I'm afraid I can only see an arsenal win here. I said last week 0 pts from next 2 games and I'll stick with that.
We will park the bus have about 27% possession and they will either score early and go on to win 2-0 or we will hold them off till the last 20 minutes and lose 1-0 like we did at their place. I wish it wouldn't be that way but I cannot see anything here other than a loss
No, no, no, Val

Albion 5-1, Arsene Brexit!
Salopbaggie, Dingle-Dingle, drewks like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I fear valpayne's bang on the money with his prediction.
I trul wish I weren't chaps but when Lawton says 1-1 you gotta fear the worst

That was meant to say lawro but that filthy spell check interfered lol
Just heard no feckin Phillips again,
Thought he had only tweaked a hammy
4 feckin weeks ago ???
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »