Thread Rating:
Strachan announces his 1st squad of Scotland players for the World Cup
It was probably the stress Jim, something he has previously said he doesn't need! Unfortunately it comes with the job as well as the reasonable level of annual remuneration!
Strachan to see the campaign out...apparently.
So one game left then Jim.
Aye! It could well be down to that result at Wemberley! As said previously, there's a 5 month vacant period after that match when the SFA would have some reasonable time to search around for a new 'victim' to take up this 'poison chalice' of a job but I'd like to see someone who, if Strachan resigned, will play a different game plan with a significantly changed Scotland side. I don't see any appointment that would really 'stir the imagination' unless the SFA convinced SAF to come out of retirement to sort out the Scotland set up lol - now that would be a story but it won't happen anyway!!
More importantly, choose your Scotland team for Wemberley bearing in mind we wanna 'give them a game' and we wanna win it!! A physical midfield line up comes to mind right away but there are other pre-requisites that we need in this Scotland team. I'll have to think about it very carefully before listing such a line up! Rolleyes
The SFA high 'heid yin', Stuart Regan, finally 'jumps into' the debate re Strachan's position and tells the media and others to 'lay off' and let the manager get on with trying to progress in our World Cup group. However, no guarantee given that wee Goggsy will keep his job either - a results dependent post is Regan's answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »