Thread Rating:
Match Fred - Villa v Town
Fantastic point, great heart to hang in a game we could have been buried at HT felt like a win after the first 60 and disappointed we might even have got more such was Wells influence, Scanz and Heffs subs.

I thought a few players looked well under par, Lowe, Mooy even ( his corner delivery is pants) Huddy cumbersome but a fine defensive goal line clearance really important just before HT, their midfield completely dominated . Grealish looks class but dives too much, Gestede won everything a permanent threat we did well to keep some semblence of control over.

Mental celebrations when Heff chased down his own flick on, excellent midweek support and scenes at the end as the home fans trudged out all disappointed to our right.

Traffic terrible leaving, my mate hadn't moved 500 yards due to an incident on the express way = perhaps a jumper, could be some late arrivals back to W Yorks.
HighlandTerrier58 likes this post
[Image: JS97292311.jpg]

The Heff in all his glory after his "cheeky" goal

Sky highlights for those that can see them - http://www.skysports.com/football/a-vill...fld/358134
I'll post the YouTube version as soon as it's available

If that doesn't work - this will

http://www.skysports.com/football/a-vill...b_HV9-Lqn_
HighlandTerrier58, Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Fantastic 2nd half. Villa could've had it sewn up by half time but showed why they will struggle in this division. Their strikers are kak.
We toyed with them. Then brought Nakki on and decided to go for it. Only ever gonna be one winner from then on and Villa can thank their lucky stars that they managed to scrape a point.
Two points dropped against one of the relegation candidates but too early in the season for it to matter.
HighlandTerrier58 likes this post
I had a little seepage in the pants when that goal went in.
Fully deserved on our second half performance.
When do we start thinking that rather than relegation fodder, we might just be on to something this season !!!
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
Probably in about another 40 odd games SHEP - this is Town we are talking about after all. Big Grin In the meantime - we got a report in one of the big boys papers - https://www.theguardian.com/football/201...tch-report

Plagiarism at it's best - or doesn't the Yorkshire post have any of it's own reporters anymore either? http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/foo...-1-8072726

Compare and contrast the two reports.
A guide to cask ale.

Big Newspapers like the Guardian often can't be bothered to write their own match reports on these matches hence the 'press association' as author as it literally is copy and paste. As much as I despise the Sun, they're the only newspaper who do actual mini match reports on all championship and most league one and league two matches.
It's obvious that it's PA ELT as The Grauniad gives them the credit but The Yorkshire Post, that has a section for each team in Yorkshire, can't be arsed to even do that. They credit the PA with the photo's but otherwise they give the PA journo no credit at all. Yeh - I know everyone uses the PA these days - just credit them for the work, it's not hard, rather than try to pass it off as your own stuff.

Town's YouTube highlights from last night.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
A guide to cask ale.

I was baffled when I saw Hefele stood at the side of the pitch waiting to come on. Why on earth is he bringing a defender on? I was expecting Palmer.
But once more we see that Wagner's subs are inspired. The man's a genius. Three matches,  three magic subs.
What time did you get Back M'Lord, a friends son went on the bus which broke down and he got back to WF4 at 07:30 this morning
He threw Hef on for the big hoof in the last few minutes at Shrewsbury too Snoots - didn't get the ball whacked at his backside in that game though.
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »