Thread Rating:
Match Thread- Newcastle v Huddersfield
(13-08-2016, 21:31)Imre varadi Wrote: A friendly welldone today i think that was a great win for you horrible lot  Thumb up

Thumb up

2 points clear of you horrible lot.  Big Grin

1953 the last time we won at Sid James Park.

1951 the last time we won at Villa Park.

Just saying.  Whistle
Imre varadi and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
Pah, not a bottle a Newcy Broon to be seen in my local. Need a word with the landlord.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Cracking day out, minibus full of us with a very pleasant journey up the A1 and in the pub for just before 12. No problems getting in and no problems with the Toon fans all day long. I went in the wrong turnstile though, the lift was in the the one along which meant 14flights of stairs for me...fook me that's hard work, somebody should suggest installing a bar halfway up for refreshments.
An OK start by the Toon but Town withheld the initial pressure and grew in stature, whilst Newcastle had more of the ball we looked more dangerous on the break and low and behold Nahki sweeps the ball home on the stroke of halftime, pandemonium in the away section followed by boos from the home fans at the sound of the half time whistle.
Second half, Newcastle brought Matt Ritchie on and they looked more of a threat although it was still pretty even but we were containing them well until they got a slightly lucky penalty. Ward saved well but Gayle was quick enough to gobble up the rebound. At that point you thought the kitchen sink was coming at us but despite them having all the possesion they didn't really hurt us. Only once did they cause a real problem and that was a cross to the far post that Ritchie(?) Should've done better with. Legs were getting heavy and Wagner introduced some subs, and for the second weekend it payed off, Palmer fed a great ball to Payne who didn't panic and coolly slotted home below the 3200 Town fans in the gods....pandemonium part 2 breaks out, meanwhile in the home ends everyone starts leaving. Town managed to see out the last few minutes without that much trouble and the party starts in Newcastle and continued all the way back to WF4

Nowhere to add this so I'll stick it on here, went down to Canalside this afternoon to watch the U23s v Charlton. Game finished 1-1 but really Town should've romped it, by my reckoning they hit the bar at least 3 times and Hefele himself could've walked away with the matchball. Note about Hefele, he barks instructions to his fellow players all the time...he also likes to tell the ref what's what..got booked I believe for dissent and continued to back chat the ref all afternoon, Big Ivan told him to shut up(in a good way) several times. This lad will pick up yellows all over the place if he doesn't learn to button it.
EastLondonTerrier, theo_luddite, Lord Snooty And 1 others like this post
Absolutely brilliant day out.
Train from Glasgow to Edinburgh at 8am. 09:30 train down to Newcastle. Arrived at 11am. Straight in the pub.
Can't believe how central the ground is to the city centre. Brilliant location and a brilliant ground.
Was sat in the home end so no chanting from me.

The game itself.......
Well to be fair it really was just bloody awful. No end to end stuff at all. Lots of possession for them in the middle of the park, but not a lot of chances for either team. There was a lot of hoofball going on.
We grew into the game and frustrated them all day long. I don't really remember many chances they had apart from that slightly dodgy penalty. That was a definite 'homer' penalty. Our part of the ground went mad, probably thinking that's the only way they were going to score that day.
Our 2 goals were well taken and deserved. Better team overall and dangerous on the break. A lot of the Geordies I heard talking were saying the same thing. And also praising the Town fans for creating one of the best atmosphere's they've heard in a long time.
Not going to give player ratings as it wasn't that kind of game, and also I could barely tell who our lot were from up in the Gods. Who was the player that laid off the ball for Payne's winner? Was it Kachunga or Wells? Seen the replays and still can't tell.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
It was Palmer, Shep.
SHEP_HTAFC likes this post
Glad you got out alive Shep, watching from level 7 was like the good old days of sensible soccer
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »