Thread Rating:
Premature Shakers Shake Their Own Players?
I think if we have signed Dennis on a pre contract there is no reason why it shouldn't be announced.
Didn't this happen with Doyle ?.
So if SEB has gone we are left with 14 plus maybe 3 or 4 re-signing .
Still room for 4 or 5 quality players .
(02-05-2016, 21:04)bluepooch Wrote: I think if we have signed Dennis on a pre contract there is no reason why it shouldn't be announced.
Didn't this happen with Doyle ?.
So if SEB has gone we are left with 14 plus maybe 3 or 4 re-signing .
Still room for 4 or 5 quality players .

Yes it did happen with Doyle. I remember it was last home game of the 2013 season and Jack Lester's last game for us we played Exeter at home and I think we won 4-0 or something and there was a lot of talk in the stands about this player in the Scottish league called Doyle who signed a pre-contract with us which had been announced earlier in the day.

Us, Oldham and Hartlepool are interested in Kristian Dennis and he's only on loan at Macclesfield he belongs to Stockport County and I spoke to a few of my Stockport County mates and they said his contract is up at the end of the season. They said they were surprised he wasn't sold in January for a fee.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Kristian Dennis has scored a lot of goals on a non-league loan and that doesn't appear to be a one-off achievement, so maybe.

Wow you think O'Neil is a better right back than Talbot? My worry is he seems to be everything-prone. If there's one lesson to learn from the success of Leicester and Burnley it's that defences are better for minimal changes ....... and it worries me that O'Neil can't put together a run of games and Talbot now seems to be suffering in the same way.

I checkedon Burnley's central defence last night. Didn't know after a year or more on loan Keane had actually signed for them. Then I looked at all Anderson's past loans. I suppose on his sixth loan even a lifelong Burnley product must be beginning to wonder whether his own improvement can ever bridge the gap to a first team appearance as that club returns to the Premier League. At some point he and Burnley have to decide where his future lies.
O'Neil put in a couple of MOM games before his injury. He was beginning to look a solid RB. Drew still has it in him and I think would be a great signing for cover at RB, LB, and midfield. The main problem with him now is his overall fitness. He looks knackered all the time especially after a run. and as we know he is prone to injury. Every time he goes down you wonder if he is going to get up again.
I think we need to look at improving all areas the defence, midfield and forwards. We need a strong, solid defence and then build on from there. I think if we sign the right players I think we could end up in the playoffs again or even win the league. I know that seems a bit optimistic but every season I'm optimistic that we can get promotion.

If Burton can do it why can't we?

The most likely answer to that question Matt is NO!

But I live in hope.

What is the problem with Stockport and Kristian Dennis? If they'd played him instead of loaning him out it might be them not Solihull going up. A player in Scotland I always fancied is Greig Spence. Even in a bad team like the Blue Brazil he's got goals and I think made his division's team of the season. He failed at Celtic after they bought him. He's not a physical player, but he seems like a natural goalscorer, who'd be cheap.

Two MOMs and 27 injuries won't build us a defence. The most important thing about Tendayi was he played every game. Jones didn't miss many except for disciplinary reasons. I'd love O'Neil to be the answer but he spends more time on his bottom than the office staff.
(04-05-2016, 22:06)Devongone Wrote: The most likely answer to that question Matt is NO!

But I live in hope.

What is the problem with Stockport and Kristian Dennis? If they'd played him instead of loaning him out it might be them not Solihull going up. A player in Scotland I always fancied is Greig Spence. Even in a bad team like the Blue Brazil he's got goals and I think made his division's team of the season. He failed at Celtic after they bought him. He's not a physical player, but he seems like a natural goalscorer, who'd be cheap.

Two MOMs and 27 injuries won't build us a defence. The most important thing about Tendayi was he played every game. Jones didn't miss many except for disciplinary reasons. I'd love O'Neil to be the answer but he spends more time on his bottom than the office staff.

Apparently Stockport couldn't afford his wages I was told by a county fan.

What about Andy Cook at Barrow he's 25 and he's scored 25 goals this season and helped Barrow finish mid-table. There is a few interest from football league clubs.

Mansfield's Ryan Tafazoli is attracting interest so he must be doing something right. Would he come here?

Rumour going around that Declan John won't be at Cardiff next season. Also with Burnley in the Premier League will Anderson be there? and would he join us?

There's Harry Pell at Cheltenham who is a good midfielder.

Don't forget Lavery he's out of contract at Wednesday at the end of the season.

The club have offered two professional contracts to two academy players. Curtis Morrison who is a striker and Derek Daly who is from Ireland and he can play left side midfield or left back.

Please god not slavery Lavery.

If you look who is the greatest collector of yellow cards in the Conference you'll find Harry Pell up there. Don't think he'd want to move up to this area.

Tafazoli I've wanted since Southampton ditched him. Good centre back. We are a step up for him.

Andy Cook, yes great suggestion, if we could get him. More interest means a fee and then bigger wages too ........
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »