Thread Rating:
Premature Shakers Shake Their Own Players?
Flitcroft's decision to announce a release list with two matches to go must have been the best news we could have had. As it turned out 50 points would have been enough, Donny did return to type and the second half proved forty five minutes too many for Blackpool against apparently mighty Wigan. Nevertheless I loved the figures 3 and 0 coming up on screen.

Surprising that Bury showed little fight after the announcement that their season had ended ..... perhaps Danny should make it clear to his players that next week will be their last chance to show him something. But when we do our perfectly-timed Bury, who are we going to bury and who will we resurrect?

Our only really sellable player is Gboly Ariyibi ........ and I'd want to keep him. Another season, there'll be a queue.
I never was a Lee Novak fan, but that was before his 15 goals, but like Danny I think getting him will be beyond us.
Dieseruvwe never lasts the game at Mansfield, is he just too hard to spell?
Harrison, well we never really played him and Stevenage isn't the place to send someone you want to encourage.
Onovwigun, after two years is now struggling to make it at Gateshead on loan, I held out hopes for him BUT ...
Orrell, appears to be in the same position he started - on the fringes. He's young. Start him at Bradford?
Slew, failed everywhere, but people continue to see promise. Bury him or give him hope?
Ebanks-Blake: we've stopped playing him which suggests a lingering farewell.
Chapman, saw him let in an amateur goal for the reserves, needs to play, but for us?
Simons, put goals away with ease and also plays the headless chicken, I'd like to keep him, but would the club?
Dimaio, young, local and has promise, I'd try to develop him - and Morgan likes him.
Humphreys, I'd keep him as an emergency player and coach, he's good role model (sick-bag phrase tho')
Tommy Lee, if he wants to stay what else do we do, we can't sell him and he's been great for us .... hasn't he?
Talbot, I'd keep him if he wanted to stay, but leaving might be better for him.
Anderson, thanks for the memory, but unless Dyche ditches you, we'll never see you again.
Hird, loyal, has held us together, but if we wanted to reach the play-offs would he be in your team?
Donohue, he's made some strides and he's young, I'd give him another chance.
Dan Jones, will still be a nutter even when he's not injured, but is he better than anything else we'll get?
Evatt, made it to the bench without his zimmer, not going to get quicker so he'd need a quicker partner, yes?
Liddle, well Danny chose him, so that's it.
Angel, he has to stay, made more impression injured all season than some of our fit players.
Campbell-Ryce, permanently loan-fodder these days thanks but no thanks......?
Herd, this may have been his most complete season but it wasn't enough. Goodbye.
Banks, hasn't done it often enough to convince. If he scores at Bradford I'd keep him, but only if he does!
O'Neil, what else can happen to him, does he have saturday-itis, should we cut our losses?
Gardner, is certainly good enough but is he just another luxury we can't afford?
O'Shea, our best player or is his cloak of invisibility too frustrating? Wins us games if he turns up, so?
Maguire, a player for next season or should we send him to Mickleover with Broadhead?

Is there anybody else I forgot. I'm old.
Anderson is gettable I think .Especially if Burnley go up to the Prem,he cant be on that much surely ,not sure if his contract is up.
SEB like you say I think we will try to offload along with Herd although I think Herds contract is up anyway.
Unless Novak decides to reduce his wage significantly I cant see us getting him.
Id keep Gardner he does show some unbelievable ability just need to see it more.Same with O Shea
If we cant attract the quality players on contracts we should go for the long term loan as in Novak and Anderson.
Id also keep Donohue and Simons simpley because they are young and have shown talent .
I dont think its so much who we get rid of but we do need to add some extra quality.
Gboly Ariyibi should stay
Lee Novak wants to stay and apparently willing to take a pay cut
Dieseruvwe don't think he will be here next season
Harrison don't think he will be here next season even though he offers glimmers of hope at time.
Onovwigun not seen much of him and he's not played much
Orrell looks like a good player and should be given another year at least
Slew not offered much in the first team but scored a lot in the reserves
Ebanks-Blake don't think he will be here next season even though he offers glimmers of hope at time and can find the net when he's on form
Chapman not played a first team game yet
Simons should stay as he's shown he can play at L1 and he's still young so he's still learning and he can score the odd goal
Dimaio looks a promising player for the future
Humphreys should be kept as an emergency player, Reserve coach and mentor
Tommy Lee great keeper for us without a doubt he should stay
Talbot needs to stay as he passionate and just been unlucky with injuries
Anderson looks promising and should be signed
Hird is loyal, solid as a rock at the back and should be captain and can score from set-pieces
Donohue is like Dimaio a promising player for the future
Dan Jones great defender and passionate
Evatt fantastic defender and should stay
Liddle needs time and looks like he'll be a good midfielder
Angel has to stay as he hasn't been given a chance properly due to injury and he looks like a great player when fit
Campbell-Ryce looks good and should be offered a year at least
Herd don't think he will be here next season
Banks looks like he's got his confidence back probably due to Danny
O'Neil needs to stay
Gardner can perform under pressure
O'Shea can wins game
Maguire not given a chance 
Beesley not given a chance
John should we being him back from Cardiff?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Thought only Herd and Talbots contracts were up? That could leave us with a very similar squad with just a few additions like it or not.
(01-05-2016, 20:28)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Thought only Herd and Talbots contracts were up? That could leave us with a very similar squad with just a few additions like it or not.

Yes Talbot and Herd were only given 1 year contracts last June. The other players out of contract will be: Dieseruvwe, Donohue, Orrell, Chapman, Slew, Humphreys, Harrison, Maguire, Beesley, Onovwigun

So those still in contract are ;
Lee
Raglan
Evatt
Hird
O Neill
Liddle
Banks ?
Gardner ?
O Shea
Ebanks
Arriyibi
Jones
Martinez
Dimaio
Simons ?

Matt can you verify the 3 with question marks as I'd be surprised if they were offered two year deals last season .
If it is the case then we have a squad of 15 only so i'd say there was plenty of room for Wilson to manouevre.
(01-05-2016, 22:44)bluepooch Wrote: So those still in contract are ;
Lee
Raglan
Evatt
Hird
O Neill
Liddle
Banks ?
Gardner ?
O Shea
Ebanks
Arriyibi
Jones
Martinez
Dimaio
Simons ?

Matt can you verify the 3 with question marks as I'd be surprised if they were offered two year deals last season .
If it is the case then we have a squad of 15 only so i'd say there was plenty of room for Wilson to manouevre.

Banks, Gardner and Simons contracts run out next season 2017 and so will Martinez, Ariyibi, Hird, Jones, O'Shea, Ebanks-Blake, Evatt, O'Neil and Raglan.

The only three players who have contracts who run past 2017 and are out of contract in 2018 are Lee, Liddle and Dimaio.

Chris Herd will be leaving as he has signed a pre-contract agreement with Perth Glory.

Also rumour that Ebanks-Blake has been told he is leaving at the end of the season.

The player I forgot is Raglan. Very pissed-off that he was stupid enough to get sent off and become unavailable for what might have been our most important game. I've had high hopes of him, but he does seem to carry more and more buts .....

I'm interested that you think seem to think Anderson is a possible for us. Isn't Burnley's centre back combination the ancient and the loaned ..... Michael Keane is a loanee isn't he? I was supposing the purpose of Anderson's loan at a young age for a centre back was developmental, not a wave goodbye. We might get him on a season-long loan though. Or maybe you think he hasn't got it in him to play in the Championship?

Talbot is a great bloke. They loved him down at Plymouth. He'd be an enthusiast wherever he went. I don't want him to go, but I think a move might operate like jump leads for him.

Ebanks-Blake is a problem. If he has a contract we'd have to find someone who wants him enough to pay him as much to play as we pay him to sit down. Otherwise if he doesn't meet Danny's requirements what do we do - season-long loan? Forest Green have pots of money, they're building a new sports complex and ground, maybe they'd like someone to go with Jon Parkin.

If we offered terms to say Donohue, Humphreys, Orrell and Maguire that wouldn't leave Danny a great deal of room. Take Humphreys onto the coaching staff and register him as a player, makes a bit more room, but even if we give up on Chapman we still need a reserve goalie and would we find one better than him? He did well at Bristol.

New players? How impressed are you by Michael O'Connor from Port Vale? Think that's the right guy. He's out of contract, lives in Lincolnshire and has stated he is sick of travelling to Stoke daily. It sounds like a cry for Scunthorpe to sign him, but assuming they think he doesn't fit their bill, he has a choice of either dropping down at least a step to play at Doncaster, Notts County, Grimsby, Lincoln or Mansfield ...... or if he wants to stay in Division One, we are his first stop short of Stoke. I've barely noticed him.

Assuming Novak is beyond our means and SEB is unwanted where do we find a replacement for the goals they scored? Ideas anyone?

How about swapping O'Neil and Ebanks-Blake for a centre-forward? Or O'Neil and Banks?
Banks has done well of late and will be here for another year. Not sure what the situation is with O'neil fitness wise but he has to be our No1 right back after some good performances there before his injury. Rumour is Blake has been paid off and we have signed Kristian Dennis on a pre contract.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »