Thread Rating:
Managers Points per Games
(26-04-2016, 14:27)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Dev,
I would rather see Danny Wilson play as a striker than Blake. He is just way past his best, too slow and cumbersome. spends more time on his backside than on his feet. Incidentally, was out with a Burnley fan this weekend, asked what had happened to Darikwa. He said he was continually going on a brilliant run up the wing then running himself into trouble and losing the ball. Seems he did it time and time again. They didn't think his defensive skills were up to Championship level either which honestly surprised me. I didn't think he was a bad defender but his going forward game went awol somewhere. Hasn't featured in the second half of the season for them. Just thought I'd mention it.

He wasn't and isn't a bad defender. I remember he used to run with the ball from his own half for us and before he could pass it or whip in a cross he would run into trouble and would lose the ball. I think he's good as a midfielder especially on the wing. Another player who looks like he could be released from the Championship was our very own ginger Messi.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
That's precisely what worries me about Ebanks Blake. If he's that far down the pecking order we're paying pretty good money each week for a role an apprentice could fill ..... As Slew hasn't scored a league goal since the seventeenth century, who other than Novak can score for us?

Darikwa got the run-around at Middlesbrough, got one more game and has never left the bench since. Dyche does not change his team. He had another right back in Lowton, playing the role in a very similar manner, and it was a change he could make and eventually did. Very few of Burnley's 1st XI are under any pressure for their place. It truly makes me wonder why anyone would buy Darikwa if they were only going to see him as a right back. He never comes on as sub ...... even though he could play anywhere on their right side. With him it is always going to be a self-proving philosophy. If he doesn't play every week and you throw him in he'll be crap. He proved with us that his form relied on him having long spells in the team. When he was injured it took him ages to come back to form. You just have to keep playing him. If you don't want to do that, the only answer is ditch him. GOD I WISH DARIKWA WAS LINING UP AT RIGHT BACK FOR US AGAINST BURY. For all the praise Sean Dyche has received if he doesn't hold second place Burnley will not go up.

I'd be interested to know why Russell Slade fancied Doyle so little at Cardiff. He doesn't seem dumb enough to think Doyle was going to come in immediately and start scoring goals like he did in his second season for us. Was Doyle bought for him? I noticed Preston even let Garner miss a penalty the other week when they had Doyle on the pitch. In any other circumstance I'd pick Garner over Doyle, but from the spot? Do me a favour, the Ginger Costa is lethal. He'd be a good signing for us if he were free again, but he never was the worth the money they were paying unless they allowed him a lot of time to settle and hope the goal machine could kick back into life.

I didn't ever really believe Doyle could replicate the form he showed for us. I still believe Darikwa could and would. Unfortunately he is saddled with a manager who is displaying all the perspicacity he used to employ at right back for us. The only reason he didn't get knocked down on Saltergate overlapping was we used to keep the gates shut. Basically if you don't want Darikwa to risk losing the ball playing anywhere on the right side then don't sign him. I wonder how many goals we've scored this season that involved the right back ...... perhaps we'd like to compare that to the shed loads in the previous two seasons.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »