Thread Rating:
Managers Points per Games
Makes interesting reading;

Wilson - 1.17 points per game
Saunders -1.21
Cook - 1.60
Sheridan -1.41

Now there will be mitigating circumstances for these and arguments for and against .
It can be argued that Wilson has inherited a poor squad and that both Cook and Sheridan's figures were achieved partly in League 2
The fact is Danny has had 23 games to improve the situation and it hasn't happened so far.
You cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear. Wilson has had 1 hand tied behind his back with the crap brought in by Saunders and the board selling our best players. If we stay up I expect big changes close season and can see a mass clearout if anybody will take them. I expect a lot of loanees next year.
Cook, Sheridan and Saunders had big budgets Wilson has had to pick up the pieces. Give him until the end of next season with his own team then compare the stats.
I hear what you're saying Dancing but judging by the 5 players he has brought in up to now I'm not over confident for next season.I remember Cookie need a summer to build his team so lets hope Wilson does the same.
Blue, who's the 5 ? Liddle, JCR, Anderson and Dimaio I know but cant think of another. Anderson is what he is, a young inexperienced centre back who is learning his trade the hard way. Could be a good player given more time, the same with Dimaio. Liddle has not been too impressive so far but did much better against Donny. When its not backs to the wall stuff he may be better. JCR is one of those frustrating players that you either love or loathe. Some brilliant touches then has to try and run around 3 players and loses the ball when an easy pass is on. Cant see him being here next season.
Slew ?
A further interesting stat is that Danny achieved 1.9 points per game (or ppg as I will refer to it from now on )as Sheffyoo boss so it makes you think that he could improve things next season.
Forgot about Slew. How did Sheff U manage to off load him for £1mill plus?
(25-04-2016, 18:07)Dancingwilldoit Wrote: Forgot about Slew. How did Sheff U manage to off load him for £1mill plus?

Steve Kean
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Whilst the numbers look instructive I wonder what they show. Both Danny and Saunders records are over a small number of games. One win would improve either's figures quite significantly. Second the figures don't take into account the opportunity those managers had to improve results. Both Cookie and Sheridan took over and managed players they didn't fancy until they were able to create their own team. Cookie then handled promotion, but Sheridan lost or discarded his best players, never replaced them or wasn't allowed to, and his management never recovered. Saunders took over a team that was being disbanded, clearly didn't have that much say on that, and proved unable to replace them within his budget. Danny took over a team in crisis, had to accept the loss of his most influential player and has so far not been able to recruit adequately to create the team he'd like. Liddle is his choice. Dimiaio was a good pick-up from the discards pile, he's local and young and could have a future. He's loaned in a young defender and a known forward to try and save our hide. And Slew ..... worth a gamble, though it worries me he seems to be in front of Ebanks Blake, Simons and the players we've loaned out. Danny's not really had two full-backs available at any point, the defensive lynch pin is a long-term injury victim and our only regular goalscorer is a loanee. He brought us a promising young full-back on loan who then got crocked on international duty. Mr Saunders was at least there from the start of a season, but in Danny's case silk purses and sows' ears spring to mind. If we don't go down he'll have done a great job, because relegation is all we deserve.
Dev,
I would rather see Danny Wilson play as a striker than Blake. He is just way past his best, too slow and cumbersome. spends more time on his backside than on his feet. Incidentally, was out with a Burnley fan this weekend, asked what had happened to Darikwa. He said he was continually going on a brilliant run up the wing then running himself into trouble and losing the ball. Seems he did it time and time again. They didn't think his defensive skills were up to Championship level either which honestly surprised me. I didn't think he was a bad defender but his going forward game went awol somewhere. Hasn't featured in the second half of the season for them. Just thought I'd mention it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »