Thread Rating:
Clean Sheets
Got to agree there re Gardner
He was always better as an impact player off the bench.
The game that stands out the most was the cup game at Scunny .we were losing 2-0 and the introduction of Dan completely turned the game round, he was unplayable that night .
So my clean sheets theory went well and truly out the window Saturday
We were well beaten by a team who reminded me of us last season.zipping the ball about to such effect that we were chasing shadows for long parts of the game.
Ok there may have been excuses but we were definitely second best .
This result has knocked my block off to a certain extent and I'm now worried we will get nothing from Scunny and the pressure will be back on
The only consolation is we are better away than home .Thats because we play like an away team all the time at the moment.
Feeling the same Blue. Not too sure how Walsall ended the game with 11 on the field and only 1 yellow but like I said last week, refs seem to be favouring the away teams this season. If we had have done what they did after scoring the second we would have ended up with 7 players.
Don't forget Walsall have been a good team nearly all season but were on a downer. They'd got a sudden injection with a sacked manager and returned to playing the way several teams have been unable to handle ....... Question One is can they keep it up tomorrow? A win at Fleetwood would make our position look stronger. Similarly if Blackpool and Oldham could play out the nice 0-0 draw I think Mr Sheridan is happy with, the table would start looking more friendly.

We need to win just three more games. Blackpool and Oldham are looking at five each, Colchester seven or more!

One reason for permanently looking like the away team is that other teams are just a bit better than us. However, the gap between top and bottom in our division is not huge. We have beaten Walsall. Colchester were moments away from beating Wigan. So there's a chance in any game, but if we win those with teams who are struggling like us we add three points to our total and deny them three from a fast-diminishing supply of games.

Basically, if we can win one of our next two games, it doesn't matter a xxxx that we lost 1-4. I do hope Danny gives Donohue a major bollocking though, because that is absolutely what we don't need. Refs can only send you off if you give them a chance to do so. We need to stop being so "dull" as Brian Moore says during the rugby. And maybe we shouldn't be too hopeful when we win and quite so depressed when we actually get hammered (as we were!)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »