Thread Rating:
West Ham vs WBA - Match Thread
Who was the quickest player in the premiership this weekend  Huh   Whistle   Thumb up

[Image: CVEIhN3WUAA4dRy.jpg:large]
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
I'll say this for the lad: he's took stick right, left, and centre from all fans especially his own, but he doesn't hide or sulk. I'm warming to him for that alone - and he's not a bad footballer either.
Worldclassalbion, 4evaabaggie, drewks And 1 others like this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
the guy was on a hiding to nothing because of his political stance.
and we have a MINORITY that will still judge him cos of that.
personally i judge him as a football player, as i hope most of us baggies do
over the past few games he has worked his socks off for the team
just hope the MINORITY appreciate his efforts

football first
politics nowhere

end of
BaggieMan and aries22 like this post
@Kristien 1965
The bit underneath is very interesting as well, 3 of the top 4 spots on miles covered are Bournemouth players. some work ethic there!
(30-11-2015, 19:14)Salopbaggie Wrote: The bit underneath is very interesting as well, 3 of the top 4 spots on miles covered are Bournemouth players. some work ethic there!

True Salop probably because they were still running after 98 minutes Some game that was  Thumb up
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
I've also watched McClean with interest as one or two on here said he wasn't up to it only a short while back but I agree that these last two or three games he's showed a very positive side to his game and all this while he is being booed with every touch. He is very strong and quick His runs are giving opposition defenders the brush off to be honest. He crosses into dangerous areas (Arsenal own goal for example) if there's one thing that's lacking either our own players aren't keeping up and getting in the box quick enough to receive or perhaps he doesn't look up at the crucial moment and spot a pass I don't know yet time will tell. But overall he is showing energy and desire and some skills in abundance and he's also defending quite brilliantly to getting back and helping our LB/CBs. it's easy to see why he's a first name on TP starting 11 cos like TP or not one thing he will demand is desire and effort from all his players and that might explain why Rondon is getting game time while berahino warms the bench I suspect we'll know more on that saga in January?

McClean aside the match itself was as others have said a first half that left a lot to be desired and a more clinical team might have put it beyond us at HT. However I watched the full 90 and I don't think we were awful I thought we were being outplayed by a West Ham side determined to atone for their previous game and we couldn't get to grips with it. I have to credit TP for HT formation change 4 4 2 gave us more to aim at upfront and probably allowed midfield to become less congested. As for the equaliser yes it was off target but Lambert struck it with intent at least and caused the defensive error for the OG It was nice to see lambert smiling for once and I am desperately hoping that he will get something from that and start putting a few away cos he needs it badly.

Final side point. I have a classical musician client at work who's a hammer, which seems a strange combination I know but, then theres also a solitary baggie, who's a cellist in same orchestra lol! Anyway me and said hammer were discussing the game and he wished us good luck Undecided well we certainly got that with lamberts goal. lol. I can't wait to see him at work and tease him a little bit for saying good luck. Big Grin
Don't think anyone can argue with McClean's work rate, and his crossing's starting to improve too, but there are still times he's found wanting for that little bit of quality. That chance which went begging after Rondon's point blank header was a frustrating example; I know he only had a split second for the shot and there were a lot of bodies in the way, but it looked like one of those where if you just keep it low, on target and put enough power into it, it'll probably find its way into the back of the net regardless of who it hits. It really looks bad to be spooning it into the stand from there.

That said, given that he's already improved so much in his time here I hope he'll continue to do so. I think he's already become a more reliable and productive wide man than anyone we've had since Odemwingie and Gera left, and he seems to want to succeed with us, so best of luck to him.
Andy Carroll faster than Jamie Vardy and a 37 year old Sylvain Distin is equal, didn't see that coming.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »