Thread Rating:
Curious
(30-10-2015, 21:52)Ska Wrote: Yeah, Wolves have suffered the ultimate humiliation of becoming irrelevant to us.  They're stuck in the Champ and will be for some time to come.  Once they resorted to starting a pissing contest about attendances, they lost every shred of credibility; is there another significant football rivalry in the country so hopelessly uneven and one-sided that the inferior club has to bang on about how many fans they get through the gates for lack of anything else to be proud
Tranmere and Liverpool?? Tongue
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
A pair of screen worn Lt Uhura`s panties?? That`s the Vile question answered.

As for the brown paper package ......I have no idea.

DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
I think this love hate Wo1ve5 or Vile is a generational thing In the 70's the Vile were our arch enemies, and we always seemed to get on better with the Bluenoses, the Vile and Dingles I think having a similar thing. Into the 90's and Wo1ve5 seem to take over top spot in our affections which pretty much has been the case to date.

I do remember from other topics that we do have a relativity high proportion of posters on here who remember the 70's, so them the Vile are still in top spot. Our more youthful posters from the 90's onwards I would suspect the Dingles hold top spot.

On the brown bag, was it a bag of fish........ and you should have gone to specsavers?
the brown paper bag ...... did you get over excited. Start hyperventilating and require first aid, the paper bags for your breathing (panting).
(31-10-2015, 04:50)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(30-10-2015, 21:52)Ska Wrote: Yeah, Wolves have suffered the ultimate humiliation of becoming irrelevant to us.  They're stuck in the Champ and will be for some time to come.  Once they resorted to starting a pissing contest about attendances, they lost every shred of credibility; is there another significant football rivalry in the country so hopelessly uneven and one-sided that the inferior club has to bang on about how many fans they get through the gates for lack of anything else to be proud of?

You appear to be describing the average Blunt from the red part of Sheffield!!!  They constantly go on about getting an average attendance of over 30k in one of their forays in the top flight, yet do so while playing their 5th consecutive season in the Pub League!!

I've long considered Wolves and Blades to be spiritual cousins (certainly since the Battle of Bramall Lane).  Seriously, the first time I heard one of them say something like "Olbiyun only got 26k at home vs Everton.  We'd have got AT LEAST 30k for that.  Who's the bigger club, eh?" on the very day they'd played someone like Tranmere and got about 14k, I actually laughed out loud at the silliness of it.  Then they started doing it en masse, and from that point on you could only feel sorry for them.

If the captain of the Titanic had been a doghead, he'd have spent his last few minutes alive ringing up the White Star Line, asking to speak to the captain of the Olympic, and then saying "ha ha, I bet you'll never get as many passengers as we had on here, you tosser."
and 4evaabaggie like this post
I got back from the game yesterday still wearing my baggies shirt, to find my girlfriends Wolves season ticket holding brother sat there.

I held my breath and wait for the stick I was about to revive.... But it never came, he was talking about how they (wolves fans) cared more about the blues than they did the Albion???

Anyway he then proceeded to text me an image of Vardy celebrating on MOTD I'm only guessing he was watch MOTD while he was waiting for the football league show to start Smile
(01-11-2015, 14:26)Dingle Bells - Dingle Bells Wrote: I got back from the game yesterday still wearing my baggies shirt, to find my girlfriends Wolves season ticket holding brother sat there.

I held my breath and wait for the stick I was about to revive.... But it never came, he was talking about how they (wolves fans) cared more about the blues than they did the Albion???

Anyway he then proceeded to text me an image of Vardy celebrating on MOTD I'm only guessing he was watch MOTD while he was waiting for the football league show to start Smile

must have been ..... he won't see wolves on there anytime soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »