Thread Rating:
WBA vs Leicester - Match Thread
OptaJoe

OptaJoe
110 - Only one team (West Brom, 109) have hit fewer shots than Manchester United in the Premier League this season. Stagnant.

11:45 a.m. - 2 November 2015
Bonum vinum laetificat cor hominis.
It's being reported that the F.A. are charging TP with improper conduct which is said to have occurred in the tunnel after the game.

In view of the comments you guys have made about the referee's performance, I don't blame TP for remonstrating with the officials or; are they now totally unapproachable and, it seems, unimpeachable no matter how ineffective their performances?

If they impose a Mourinho type ban on our Manager we will have been penalised yet again.

If red cards can be rescinded when warranted, why can't the powers that be do the same when a Manager's patience is tested beyond endurance by reason of ineffective refereeing.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
Not sure that I agree silver. Pulis is still responsible for his own actions regardless of how poor the ref was.
The FA have to protect their refs from abuse from players/managers.
Still think fans should have the option to tar and feather incompetent officials.
Bit medievil but if done at half time in the next game might add to the match day experience...
Whistle
(02-11-2015, 20:39)Squirrel Regis Wrote: Still think fans should have the option to tar and feather incompetent officials.
Bit medievil but if done at half time in the next game might add to the match day experience...
Whistle

Great idea but by September we would run out of officials at our games.
Squirrel Regis likes this post
(01-11-2015, 22:39)Borders Baggie Wrote: Every time the team suffers a defeat, do we have to go through this 'players playing out of position' and 'real full backs' argument every time? Am I the only one who wasn't impressed with Pocognoli? He seemed very raw and 'clumsy' (for want of a better word) although his commitment couldn't be questioned. He maybe would benefit from a run of games

I think Brunt has done pretty well this season, with yesterdays performance and against Palace (Zaha) the only games I can think of when he has really been found wanting. I admit the situation isn't ideal but still think Brunt is the better option. There must be a reason that Poco, Gamboa et al are not in the squad - and we are not privy to what they do day in, day out at training, where the man that's paid to pick the team is. They didn't set the heather alight when they have been selected. Again, could be argued that they would benefit from an extended run in the team.

No doubt there will be posters who say they aren't selected because they aren't a '6 foot plus centre half'. Something that has been mentioned in thread after thread and is wearing a bit thin now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be fair Brunt has done ok on the whole. I'm a bigger fan of Brunt than a few are.  But still it's not a co-incidence that most times we lose it's our full backs that are being taken apart, be it Mahrez, Zaha, Delofeu or whoever.

I thought Pocognoli was half decent but even if he isn't it should have already been addressed as we knew this was a problem last season.  
[attachment=251]

Not entirely sure why some people think this warrants a penalty Whistle Whistle

Huth posted it on his twitter with the hashtag #playon
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »