Thread Rating:
Match Thread - The Owls v Arsenal (LC)
(29-10-2015, 12:01)Owlkev71 Wrote: Will that be one of your shortest journeys of the season MS?

Wolves is a bit shorter. Hopefully that will be a bit of a party.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
the last time we won at stoke thurny was in his dads balls wasnt he ?
On our last visit we won 4-2 - 2007-08 season, JJ, Tudgay 2 & Burton the goalscorers
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(29-10-2015, 14:18)Owlkev71 Wrote: On our last visit we won 4-2 - 2007-08 season, JJ, Tudgay 2 & Burton the goalscorers

I think that was the season that Stoke went up to the Prem. If I remember right Ryan Shawcross nearly snapped Jeffers in two with a terrible tackle from behind. Jeffers had been running him ragged up to that point! I know, hard to believe but I saw it with my own eyes.

Anyway, Stoke away, possibly the most boring draw we could have got apart from maybe Hull away!

Winnable though, so maybe we can get Liverpool in the Semis.
You know nothing, Jacko
I'd prefer Hull in the Semi's Cool
and complicated
Nah. This is Wednesday. We'd balls it up against Hull. At least if we played Liverpool we'd get a big game even if we ended up losing.
Imre varadi likes this post
You know nothing, Jacko
we wont get through to the semis for the same reason !! teams like Hull and stoke dont try and play football the use there muscle !! we are quite weak if you think about it at the moment apart from Nuhui !! we would have been better getting either Liverpool or Manutd at home of course and playing there second team of the park like we did Arsenal !!
(29-10-2015, 09:38)madsteve Wrote: Years since I went to Stoke. Should be able to get home before midnight as well.
Even allowing the 2 hours Angry it takes to get out of their car park at the end of the industrial estate cul de sac with traffic lights at the other end ? !!!

This game might cause a bit of a domestic for me Angry since the missus is from Newcastle u Lyme.

She claimed she hoped this game was going to be the final so that we both had an excuse for heading back to England to see a game at Wembley.

I still have my ticket stub from '91 !!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »