Thread Rating:
Match Thread - Burnley v SWFC
MS, I take your points. I think I probably gave up remembering the end of the season as it was mainly pretty dull but over the season we did equal a long-standing clean sheets record. Unfortunately, we didn't score anywhere near enough goals to make that much of a worthwhile statistic!
You know nothing, Jacko
(15-09-2015, 14:01)Jacko The Flopsy Piglet Wrote: MS, I take your points. I think I probably gave up remembering the end of the season as it was mainly pretty dull but over the season we did equal a long-standing clean sheets record. Unfortunately, we didn't score anywhere near enough goals to make that much of a worthwhile statistic!

I will remember last season as the most boring season that Wednesday have played since the 70s.

We scored the fewest home goals in a season for a 46 match season in our entire history. There was very little to commend it except for a good win at Boro & exciting wins at Millwall & Rotherham.

Unless you appreciate 0-0 draws.
consilio likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I would have to agree. I spent most of last season's home games chatting to my brother and not overly fussed about what was happening on the pitch. Apart from the first game of the season, which is always exciting because it's the start of a new season, I seem to be slipping back into lack of interest again.

It's a shame I don't go to the away games any more. At least you feel like you've done ok when you get a draw, unlike the home games.
You know nothing, Jacko
(16-09-2015, 14:26)Jacko The Flopsy Piglet Wrote: I would have to agree. I spent most of last season's home games chatting to my brother and not overly fussed about what was happening on the pitch. Apart from the first game of the season, which is always exciting because it's the start of a new season, I seem to be slipping back into lack of interest again.

It's a shame I don't go to the away games any more. At least you feel like you've done ok when you get a draw, unlike the home games.

I am enjoying this season so much more. The results may not be there yet but some of the football is a delight to watch.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
last season was the first in our history where we had not scored 3 or more in a single home game apparently Sleeping
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »