Thread Rating:
Pocognoli, Gamboa and Davidson
(11-03-2015, 15:01)Ska Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 14:30)Baggievicar Wrote: In a short career, you must just feel your life is being absolutely wasted.

At a rate of twenty grand a week, something's definitely being wasted, but I don't think it's their lives.

Yes, I wish I could have wasted a couple of years on that dosh.
(11-03-2015, 15:25)BaggyBomber Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 15:01)Ska Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 14:30)Baggievicar Wrote: In a short career, you must just feel your life is being absolutely wasted.

At a rate of twenty grand a week, something's definitely being wasted, but I don't think it's their lives.

Yes, I wish I could have wasted a couple of years on that dosh.
Yes, I know and so say all of us Laugh , but.... 
I'm not going to contradict these people who actually saw the game when I didn't, but I have seen Poco play for us many times this season (as have you all) and I therefore know he is a good player. One bad game for the U21s doesn't change that. If he does have an 'attitude problem' it's probably because he was one of our best players at the start of the season, but has now been frozen out when poorer players are keeping their places.
It makes me wonder what has been happening behind the scenes when Varela, Poco and Samaras have all shown glimpses (or more) of quality, and they all play in positions where we are desperately short, yet they've all been shipped out/dropped. Do they all have attitude problems?
(11-03-2015, 23:24)May68 Wrote: I'm not going to contradict these people who actually saw the game when I didn't, but I have seen Poco play for us many times this season (as have you all) and I therefore know he is a good player. One bad game for the U21s doesn't change that. If he does have an 'attitude problem' it's probably because he was one of our best players at the start of the season, but has now been frozen out when poorer players are keeping their places.
It makes me wonder what has been happening behind the scenes when Varela, Poco and Samaras have all shown glimpses (or more) of quality, and they all play in positions where we are desperately short, yet they've all been shipped out/dropped. Do they all have attitude problems?

It would be interesting to know.
The thing about football is that everyone has different opinions...

I seem to be in the minority, but didn't particularly rate Pocognoli. He looks like a good athlete,
but otherwise, didn't impress me at all. I thought he was a poor passer, only crossed well for the
first couple of games, weak in the air and liked a tackle a bit too much (in our box when he could
easily jockey a player out). The penalty that he gave away against Palace was ridiculous and I had
my heart in my mouth on a few other occasions when he was mm's away from doing something
stupid, often when there was no reason to dive in.

When we signed Davidson, it was a bit strange. I'd seen on his wiki page that he'd not been a
guaranteed starter for a side who were towards the bottom of the Eredivisie. Although he's barely
been given a chance, he looked far too slow on the few occasions he has played. Unfortunate,
because it looked like he tried to play football.

Gamboa looked good when he's been given the chance. Looked quick and tenacious. On the basis
of what i've seen, the only logic is that he's either deemed too small (Prem full backs seem to get
bombarded in the air these days) or simply doesn't show the right attitude in training. I would like
to see him given more of a chance, but to be fair, can understand why he hasn't. Wisdom was doing
really well early on, while Dawson has done a job since he came in - provided some good crosses,
a goal threat and we've kept plenty of clean sheets.

These seems to be a lot of debate about our defence and some sort of passion to change it, but to be
honest, we've been defending pretty well. I'd much rather see us focus on showing more quality on
the ball going forward.
Good post, Slick, as usual.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »