Thread Rating:
Sheff Wed vs WBA - Match Thread
May still be confirmed in the play offs bar a massive goal difference turn around today by default but don't fancy our chances of reaching Wembley.
Saints, Leeds and Albion are all blowing up at the wrong time.
Having said that we have not had a decent out and out striker fit all season so to be where we are is more than I hoped for in August. Rid of a bad owner, but a very average squad, if by some miracle we go open it would be a short stay.

Hull have to lose tonight as they finish off with Plymouth. If they win tonight I fear for our play off place. We have gone to pieces. Three straight defeats, one goal.
Well it would not be Albion if we did not turn a gentle cruise into the playoff into a nerve jangling drama!

Ipswich can save us tonight from last match anxiety but even then I think I’m going to need to medicated for the playoff games.
I wasn't expecting us to be in the play offs. With Carlos unable to sign a decent striker and loans his only way of bringing fresh faces in he's still done well. We still have a chance of making the play offs but I won't be suicidal if we fall at the last hurdle. Tbh I'm used to it everything being on the last game
COYB
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
We pipped the dingles to automatic promotion last game, we won the title last game at QPR, what the heck, we were the first team to complete “THE GREAT ESCAPE” on the last game. It’s the Albion way, bring it on Albion, let’s do it all the hard way, why break the habit of a lifetime and make it easy on us fans.

Greed league we hate you but we need you. Come on You Baggies! Thumb up Thumb up
drewks likes this post
Don't worry you have us last
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

1-0 to Ipswich. Long way to go yet, but they could effectively do the job for us tonight.
(27-04-2024, 21:25)Ska'dForLife-WBA Wrote: 1-0 to Ipswich. Long way to go yet, but they could effectively do the job for us tonight.

Ska’d, I did say at the top of the page we could be confirmed by default tonight unless there is a huge swing in goal difference, if Hull lose by 1, they would need us to lose to Preston, very possible at the moment, they would then need to win against Plymouth and there be a twelve goal swing in goal difference.

Hoping Ipswich can do us a massive favour.

40 mins - now 1-1. Still a long way to go but if Hull win we have to beat Preston.

Now 2-1, fortunately for us it’s Ipswich back in front.
2-1 to Ipswich.
Hull 2 Ipswich 2

Hull 2 Ipswich 3

Not good for the nerves, still hanging on to the driving seat by our fingertips.

87 mins. Hull 3 Ipswich 3
Well, 3-3 it is. Would have taken that before kick-off, even if two of the goals Ipswich conceded were shocking goalkeeping. Short of Hull beating Plymouth 11-0, a draw will now do us next week.
4evaabaggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »