Thread Rating:
The Owls v Plymouth L1 Match Thread
I'd be tempted to start wilks against Fleetwood as the change option ..but bannan byers and vaulks have to play ever game in midfield without rest ..it's better we start getting ahead than thinking off games that might come up after ..the cup win against Newcastle brought this win on today ! I'm not usually one that says winning games breeds confidence but the Facup win against Newcastle has injected an extra 10 % into our game ..and anyway I remember going to Burnley picking up a draw then battering them at Hillsborough 5nil afterwards..we should use this run along with making money now at last to get us over the line in big games the league will throw up in the next 18 matches ...Darren Moore has won his second big game today I thought 2 months ago I would never type these words ..but he has done it and a few more of them could see a corner and tide turned Wink keep it up go for the cup keep winning and sort the machine out only when it breaks ..preventative maintenance can sometimes be a reverse in fortunes .
Statesideowl, Maddix, Washington like this post
From the PAFC club site

In a scrappy but high-octane encounter, the Pilgrims probably had the best of the chances in the remainder of the game, certainly in the second half, but an experienced and high quality Wednesday side held out to not only claim the three points, but also to wrest top spot in Sky Bet League One away from Argyle.

Yep right aside from Flint getting deflected onto the post, Marv’s rushed shot and the unofficial VAR disallowed goal .
Statesideowl likes this post
Just a reminder we've decided to use the same Fleetwood cup thread for the replay Owlskev just needs to get some games down for the predictions and it's as you where
Gt
Correct score and scorer
Results .
Charlie could you stick it back up in important threads ..
Note this doesn't apply to you pieowl till the Ipswich game lol .

Incedently one we've missed ..what happened to backinson ? Has Dennis shifted him out off the squad ? Brown was back in again yesterday as well.
I like backinson he's won us some points when he's played I think I'd rather have him on the bench than brown at the minute ...it's going to get interesting when ithwieke gets back ..there are going to be some unhappy players ...fizz I think is basically saying I'm off in the summer ..Gregory seems to be sealing his fate In a different way ! And if wilks doesn't start to score when he gets chance I think we may as well get rid as well.
I think Bakinson has also lost our due to the form of Byers and Vaulks, plus the return of Adeniran. Brown was probably on the bench because we have no other left sided players in the squad.
BML Update

Maddix gets a Smartass for the goaltime
Maddix likes this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
This is worth a watch

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2023-0...a-ball-boy

and of course the officials deny looking at the replay

And lastly the Mail is making news up by linking DM back to WBA on the slight chance that L***s mike poach their current manager.
The Stooges will lie through their teeth. Further testament to their lack of moral compass.
Numerous folk I know went and even the commentary team all saw the same thing.
Plymouth players were simulating and getting free kicks,our players received cards and bizarre fouls against them to the tune of 18 fouls by us to only 9 by them.

The FA believe they're going to pull a Jedi mind trick and tell us we didn't see what we actually did see, corrupt officiating or at the very best sheer incompetence.
Didn't look offside as there's a Plymouth defender to the right of their keeper (as he's facing)
Ipswich won't be too different either I would imagine.

Speaking of corruption, it'd be lovely to see Citeh brought to justice. Then they'd have to punish all of them which makes their house of cards collapse with countless greedy little bastard losing their hanging on jobs.

The brown envelopes are flying around the FA investigation teams as I type.
There's not going to be any stripping of titles or any of that bread and circus nonsense for the masses to make this seem like a fair system with due process that ALL Clubs benefit from.
At best, they'll be deducted points which is essentially a slap for a club in their position.
The fine will be laughable like most corporate punishments.

Either way this is about to set a precedent. If Citeh are not reamed mercilessly and sent to play Chezzy in non league, then all this does is show big clubs what they can get away with.
Imre varadi likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
It's not just Citeh though is it SS ? What about the money Chelski have spent in January ? How did Bum muff get from nearly going out of existence to the EPL with an 11,000 fan capacity stadium ? What about the Leicester chairman writing off £140 million in loans ? What about all the clubs (Leeds, Southampton, Leicester to name a few) that have written off money owed to suppliers through administration and are now flashing the cash on the gravy train ? What about West Ham being given the Olympic Stadium ? etc

I've often thought we would have been better off following their route in the dark days before MM.

The EPL are just clutching at straws and trying to look as though they can self regulate by hitting an easy target with charges that have already been thrown out by the Court of Arbitration for Sport because the Government are about to hit them with an independent regulator. Let's hope they're better than Ofgem, Ofsted etc  Laugh

And let's remember that Citeh are not one of the favourite clubs of the establishment (SKY/BT), they need to get Liverpool, Manure, Spurs and Arsenal taking all the glory as it should be Doh f'ucking upstarts Whistle

#wankerssince93
Statesideowl and Washington like this post
and complicated
You're not wrong, that's the house of cards I'm talking about with all of them receiving the harshest punishment.

It's going to be a fine and a points deduction at the most. No rocking the boat and lots of brown envelopes.

The FA are so corrupt now (As are these money laundering Club owners) I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is just a shake down. Tipping Clubs upside down to see what change falls out.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »