Thread Rating:
Hibs v Aberdeen FC, Sat 28 Jan, KO 3.00pm
Just back and wowwwww!!: a history-making 6-0 home win v the Dons!!! Thumb up Never beat them at home by such a score line since the heady days of The Famous Five in 1951! This positive response from Hibs was way above anything I expected when I arrived at ER!! Unbelievable! Hibs actually looking like a vg fitba team!! Jim Goodwin unsurprisingly sacked after this match and I must comment that his players were a disgrace! One could already tell after 10 mins that Fish looked like he was playing in his proper CB position - he was immense as Porto's replacement alongside Paul Hanlon who was comfortable playing alongside him. Josh Campbell delivering a historic "hat trick" v them and well done that man. Aiden McGeady and Youan well up for this game and reeking havoc with hi-energy darting runs. Nisbet scoring another goal - never trained during this week and on as a sub in the 2nd half. Plus the young boys coming on in the second half with hi-energy contributions. What a delightful afternoon from a hibee perspective! Thumb up Who would've guessed eh!!

GGTTH
Terrific result obviously but i wouldnae read too much into it other than the high levels of professionalism with some of our players compared to Aberdeens who have clearly "downed tools". Our wingers absolutely terrorised them all afternoon.

Goodwin didn't even do the press conference, just got his stuff said goodbye to Cormack and walked right out the stadium. Now thats the way to leave a job Laugh
Massive damage to his footie manager's career, a bit like the tarnished reputation of Jack Ross after his disastrous short stint as manager of Dundee United. I'm more interested in Hibs next challenging match v Ross Co with this formation and revised defence. I don't wanna be too optimistic, but there are some positive indicators of a strong resolve and solidity re this team.
What on earth happened this afternoon? It's only Aberdeen right enough, but we scored 6 against them, while Hearts only scored 5. Whistle And I've always rated Lee Johnson as a top manager. Rolleyes

Anyway, I'll be watching the game "as live" on BBC Alba at 11pm (in a few minutes time) after being at the curling all afternoon/evening.
hibeejim21 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
It was a comprehensive 6-0 victory, but strangely there were several spells in the game where we made Aberdeen look good. Well, as good as us. Every Hibs goal was excellent, especially the move from defence leading to Nisbet's goal. We had plenty of spirit and determination, but there's still a lot of improvement required.

As 0762 says, the next game against Ross County will be a biggie to see exactly where we are.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »