Thread Rating:
Hibs v Aberdeen FC, Sat 28 Jan, KO 3.00pm
Well this is a massive match for both clubs in similar circumstances where a crisis of mismanagement has been gradually unfolding for months. The Dons don't win away matches, have just been humiliated by a junior, West of Scotland league club, Darvel, in a Scottish Cup tie - another away match lost and even though poor refereeing played a big part in suckering them, they didn't play well, didn't show up with the required steel and commitment to win a cup-tie. Hibs could well be without Kevin Nisbet by the time this match kicks off - transferred to Milwall AFC. Therefore, any recognised regular goal scorer has been removed by the club. Somebody at the club needs to "grasp the nettle" and act to mitigate for this loss! Hibs also need to shore up a defensive frailty that has been debated for a very, very long time and opposing teams know they can beat Hibs without too much involvement in the game - it's a disgrace that could've been resolved months ago with proper footie nous and appropriate action in key areas. What will be the result? I have no idea TBF!! They have goal scorers, but they don't win away matches because their morale is low due to a lack of success and a manager who is short of ideas and seems to lack motivational skills. Hibs actually play well in certain areas of the pitch, but the team has been badly let down by the lack of defensive structure that should've been redressed by Lee Johnson, a manager with clear limitations in his all round ability as a footie manager. All I can say is, "I hope we can win this game somehow under really challenging circumstances within the club and the poor way it is being run"!!

GGTTH
AFC board announcing tonight that Jim Goodwin being retained, expecting a response from the team and a win at ER on Saturday. Nisbet in the process of being signed by Millwall AFC. THE DEAL IS DONE!! ANOTHER GOOD PLAYER LEAVES THE SCOT FOOTIE LEAGUE LIKE A GOOD FEW OTHERS EH!! Gordon shows up, (still in the US though!!) for the 1st time in months! Rolleyes TWO CLUBS IN AN ABSOLUTE MESS . MAYBE BOTH TEAMS WILL BE BOOED ON TO THE PITCH EH!! Laugh Also in fans' circles this match already being called El Sackio for whoever loses lol!!! Laugh On a serious note, "What do Hibs do now"??? My thoughts: "They move after this unwelcome transfer deal to immediately shore up the glaring defensive weaknesses in this team". ACT LIKE A SERIOUS FOOTIE CLUB WITH AMBITION TO DO BETTER IN A SHIT SCOT PREM LEAGUE!! I notice Livingston FC is in financial trouble and David Martindale having to offload players - somebody at HFC please start "using your loaf" and move to do exactly what I'm suggesting OR HUMILIATED AND DEMORALISED AFC WILL COME TO ER AND HUMILIATE HIBS!! Thumb down Thumb down That will be the "final straw" that will surely drive vast numbers of Hibs fans, who are wondering WTF is going on behind the scenes at ER, incandescent with rage and protests will surely ensue or no more bums on seats for quite a while - too much to bear!! Angry
They kept him because they probably feel confident he will get the 3 points from our clownshoe of a manager. Laugh

Talking of livingston, i think Martindale has done a good job there and despite his annoying voice he wouldn't be a bad choice to replace LJ once Ron wakes the xxxx up.
Yep! My two minor issues re Martindale is re his "loose baggage" as a reformed criminal - could be classed as a role model, but then again NOT in the eyes of many other critical fans esp ones with kids; also he's a Hun!
It transpires that there was apparently a dressing room bust-up between Chris Cadden and Johnson. Cadden stormed out in disgust!! I can sincerely empathise with him re this manager with the "Beckham voice" who really irritates me greatly with the "cheap talk" and very little action or footie nous to change things. The Sunderland fans' warnings last year re his limitations really resonate in my head together with Ron Gordon's praising "cheap talk" re hiring the right man etc - I recall I was totally unimpressed with this shit as was Lord Snooty at the time. As an aside, it looks like this terrible malaise within the club has spread to Hibs successful youth team and the way they are being treated by HFC officials!! Rolleyes Prospective lads like O'Connor and Laidlaw out of contract and offsky in the summer with English footie clubs like Aston Villa already scouting them. My thoughts: I think there are not enough true Hibs people significantly involved in these affairs now - guys who love the club and know the inner workings of Hibs footie ops!! HFC effectively being run by outsiders (Johnson referring today to Hibs "project" being backed by Hibs fans!!!?????) with a full business/commercial enterprise remit preached by a majority shareholder/owner who has been disappointingly absent during a period when his leadership and positive direction were sorely needed. Roll on to the annual AGM shortly - that meeting will be "volatile" to be perfectly frank about it and it's one that I will be personally attending for a change!!!!
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ro...ury-update
Rocky out for 3 months! Oh well!! Hopefully Hibs will have a CB in by tomorrow as it's well known Paul Hanlon has never been fully fit for months and Porto gone to Millwall AFC! Rolleyes
Kevin Nisbet remaining at ER. So we have a decent striking capability between McGeady setting him up and the returning Joe Newell doing likewise.
Great news about Nisbet. It might save us from a relegation battle. As usual, the problem is can our attack score more goals than our depleted defence concede?
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
I'll be heading to ER anyway, just to offer my support in a very difficult situation in spite of my obvious frustration re a manager who I don't rate at all and a supporting footie recruitment/administration process that has been highly questionable. I'll just "keep my fingers crossed" and hope Johnson can muster and organise Hibs meagre player resources (Wowwww - six youth players apparently on the bench???) to deliver a positive result tomorrow.

GGTTH
Nisbet was down in London to have a medical, so he deffo wants away. He's certainly not back to stay at Hibs, I'd imagine he's had a sniff of a better offer from somewhere. Heard from a very good source that he and much of the squad do not rate Johnson at all.

Watford were not Porteous's favoured choice either but they were offering him silly money.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »