Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Hibs, Sun 8 Jan, KO 1.30pm
You can still see Mcgeady has the skill to do it at this level, at one point he went past 2 well players like they weren't there. More of that please. But aye, we have good options in the front 3, but i still think the midfield needs work and the defence isn't good enough.

Having a proven penalty box finisher makes the difference as you say. I still don't think LJ is a good enough manager for us and his subs today were once again on the odd side.
I think Johnson's done enough/been lucky enough to survive with the return of Nisbet and McGeady's vital contributions yesterday. In my opinion, Maloney was jettisoned too quickly last year, and I think Gordon won't want to go down that road again.

Famous last words? We'll find out after the Jambos' Cup-tie.
hibeejim21 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Mcgeady Nisbet Boyle has to be our front 3 going forward. That would give any manager a chance in this league.

Sure Aiden is the wrong side of 30 now, but he has clearly looked after himself and been professional to prolong his career, unlike some others - yes i am looking at you deek and leigh.
(05-01-2023, 18:00)hibeejim21 Wrote: Am truly amazed Ron hasn't pulled the plug on this. If he's going to back him in January then fair enough but he better start producing results.

He just did produce a result Jim. Do you think he’ll get the January window to move on upwards?
(08-01-2023, 21:55)hibeejim21 Wrote: You can still see Mcgeady has the skill to do it at this level, at one point he went past 2 well players like they weren't there. More of that please. But aye, we have good options in the front 3, but i still think the midfield needs work and the defence isn't good enough.

Having a proven penalty box finisher makes the difference as you say. I still don't think LJ is a good enough manager for us and his subs today were once again on the odd side.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/fi...erwell-win

What we've learned from this performance? I think this ties in nicely with some of our own observations. I was aware of our vg record v the Steelmen, but still perceived we'd fall short of a positive result - didn't expect Nisbet to thankfully "show up" so emphatically as a predatory striker and it made for a "good watch" at Fir Park. What Hibs didn't add to this PM report is, "How do we improve things further"? IMO we really need to strengthen our defence and I wish we could bring in someone like Jason Kerr plus another solid full back. Midfield is another area where some cute transfer business could generally strengthen/improve what we've got. Re strikers up front, Melkerson is one of my biggest disappointments. Hibs paid a fair amount of money for such a potential young talent; I'm wondering if he'll ever come good TBH!!? We bought him for £350k to potentially score a lotta goals eventually. Never delivered yet! A case of, "Come on son - lotsa chances to stake a claim for a 1st team place! Grab it when you get the chance or move on"!! Some of our best youth players are not quite ready yet, but they will be as soon as they mature and strengthen up to the detriment of the likes of Melkerson.
(09-01-2023, 18:39)Inverurie Jambo Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 18:00)hibeejim21 Wrote: Am truly amazed Ron hasn't pulled the plug on this. If he's going to back him in January then fair enough but he better start producing results.

He just did produce a result Jim. Do you think he’ll get the January window to move on upwards?

His record is abysmal, but i guess time will tell. It looks like the players haven't totally deserted him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »