Thread Rating:
Motherwell v Hibs, Sun 8 Jan, KO 1.30pm
Well I expect this away fixture to be played without our resident clown of a manager, Lee Johnson, in situ. We shall wait n see if that is the case as Hibs must realise they really have to act like a top four Scot Prem footie club and get on with finally rectifying major probs within the footie institution that is Hibs FC or all offenders within GTF away from our footie club and let a serious hibee (or other), somebody who has a high regard for our esteemed footie club, take over and get on with the serious business of changing things for the benefit of the club going forward and for the the vast numbers of fans who support Hibs. Hibs had better field a starting line-up with a solid spine to it and with a high commitment/focus + leadership to win a match that really must be won at all cost - NO IFS OR BUTS ABOUT THIS!!!!!! WE ARE NOT PLAYING IN ANYTHING LIKE A TOP QUALITY FOOTIE LEAGUE!!! Revamp our ops, sign targeted players who will improve the team - I.E. DO SOMETHING, TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION!!!
At the moment it looks like Porto will still be with HFC (although apparently two Bundeligue clubs now interested in him) and back from suspension to face the Steelmen. God knows what position he'll take up in the latest game plan for Sunday?? One can only hope it will be an effective one in part of a solid strategy to win this match. OR Hibs don't risk him at all if a decent amount of money involved in the transfer?
Is Johnson still in position after his meltdown ?

Wow Ron really musn't give a toss...... 2 days ago LJ said the process was bust this morning he's telling us to trust it, 2 days ago he slated the squad now he is back with added soundbites. I just can't take what he says seriously any more.
ritchiebaby and 0762 like this post
Hence I'm sure you can understand my previously stated apathy re the unimpressive manner in which Hibs are managing this crisis. There must be 1000s of Hibs fans who are similarly watching and waiting, hoping somebody can come forward and show some form of serious interest/leadership in our footie club and touting a positive way forward to improve things. I said to my son yesterday, "Does this mean that we are stuck with Johnson managing Hibs to another defeat v Motherwell""? It looks like that is indeed the case!!!! Thumb down
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ma...therwell-a
In this HFC update, one can see that Johnson will meet and update the media on Friday?
This leads me to ask another searching question: "IS RON GORDON AN ACCEPTABLE CUSTODIAN OF HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB"? I previously regarded him as being a reasonable fit for HFC. Not so sure any more TBH!! I just listened to an ex-Spurs lad on Sky Sport slagging off the north-London club re the board's comfort in ensuring commercial success, but to the detriment of their footie ops with their manager, Conte, becoming very negative due to a lack of support from the board. Obviously THAFC is a bigger footie club by a country mile, but there is a similarity re the commercial interests superseding the footie itself.
Am truly amazed Ron hasn't pulled the plug on this. If he's going to back him in January then fair enough but he better start producing results.
Johnson now pleading with Hibs fans to "keep the faith"?????? Lotsa mixed messages coming from this man now. I'll tell you one thing - "Hibs fans are gonna slaughter him after we're beaten by Motherwell"!! I've said it before - "I wish this manager would 'find his mojo' in a shit league like the Scot Prem". Start winning matches FFS!!! I just can't see it happening. The whole scenario is so Sunderlandesque in the way it's panning out. Ron Gordon noticeably absent for weeks btw!!!
This guys motivational skills and team line ups are suspect to say the least.

Now he's been found out once and for all he is playing to the gallery big time, saying just about anything to try and get the fans onside. Those lines he came out with about recruitment were as cynical as it gets, He is "at it" big time and will say anything until he finally gets his payoff.
He is clearly not gonna resign (that's exactly what he should be doing!!) and that eventual "loss of revenue" is the most frustrating issue for me!! It's money I'd like to see invested in bringing in better players than some of the huddies that Hibs currently employ.
0-1 at halftime via Nisbet, and it looks like we have finally found a team defensively worse that ours.
Started well but gradually got bogged down and Well must be feeling a bit aggrieved not to have got an equaliser.

McGeady it has to be said has looked the part... Speedier than i thought he would be.
Just back, 2-3, and a result that will be hugely welcomed by Lee Johnson and all Hibs fans. What a difference a pen box striker can do for a footie team that is still defensively frail - WELL DONE KEVIN NISBET WITH THAT GREAT "HAT TRICK" AND THAT THIRD GOAL WAS EXQUISITE!!! Thumb up I must say I was really annoyed at Campbell's needless gaffe in just "staying on your feet son and mark up a dangerous young opponent who can score goals"!!! Rolleyes That is effectively what spooked the defensive players around him!! In his defence, he had been placed in that position because of Chris Cadden's hamstring injury in the 1st half. But it was an avoidable goal concession all the same esp with Hibs leading 0-2 and in reasonable control of the game!! I'd also like to interview Johnson to quiz him, "Why did you change the shape of the team late on with three positional changes on a 1-2 score line"??? Tweak the formation by all means, not like this though!! Protect our lead eh??? It didnae work - no reassurance evident!! His luck was in at that point when Nisbet swooped in mins later to score his "hat trick" - 1-3 and should be "coasting" and confident!! Not so as he'd taken off our most influential players!! Thank god Porto and others kept battling and prompting for more effort in Hibs defence (and further forward) to ensure three pts were not taken away from a Hibs side that definitely deserved those pts today!! Anyway, job done and some good performances by Aiden McGeady, Kevin Nisbet, Porto, Newell. We need more players in to strengthen up and solidify this team - that's a fact. Is offloading Porto a good idea at this time? Yes, take the money, but at what cost?? This team would look really good with just a couple of quality signings in key positions IMO.

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »