Thread Rating:
Varela Blanco
Good post, Stairs... Thumb up

I am more than happy to accept Everton'esque performances if it means not getting relegated and feck other clubs if they don't like it.

However, as I have said before, we got lucky against Everton and nothing Pulis did with the defence or players attitude changes that.
Yes, we were rock solid and yes, we defended for our lives but it was an Everton missed penalty that got us the point, ultimately.

I'm sure Pulis will get us going but I need to see more of him, v's Blues and Spurs for a start, before I don my specs. Luck won't last forever.
Agree that this weekends Brum fixture should be a very different performance to that at Everton.

Would be very disappointed if we parked the bus and went for a breakaway goal or draw - it is the Cup and replays are not desirable.
I'd rather have a lucky manager than a good one - fortunately, Pulis is both - as we have seen with the backpass against Hull, the penalty miss by Mirallas and the countless times his Stoke and Palace sides got jammy wins against us.
[Image: 1348664730___West_Brom_-_Banner.png]
Gamboa should be tried out on the right wing. Has definately got the pace, gotta be worth a try. Could save us some money.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Gamboa looks like a headless chicken in an Albion shirt that couldn't pass water. I'm not convinced he's the guy from the world cup.......
(20-01-2015, 17:26)Tom_Wba Wrote: I take it Varela either has a bad attitude or won't work hard enough off the ball or both! certainly good enough as a out & out winger as for Blanco i heard his attitude isn't the best thats why he's never been given a shot

So it looks like Irvine might have had a point not playing them
(22-01-2015, 00:17)Mosestheballwinner Wrote: Gamboa looks like a headless chicken in an Albion shirt that couldn't pass water. I'm not convinced he's the guy from the world cup.......

Mate I have to disagree. Under AFI, Gamboa was hardly used and when he was, he hardly ever passed the half way line because he was told not to, hence he looked lost. TP likes us to break out of defence at speed, counter attack. Gamboa would be in his element under TP, lightning pace and direct........Just look at the Videos of him and the World cup footage.

AFI has choked the life out of the kid, actually all our attacking players. As a manager/HC he is a serial failure.

Players like Gamboa who have pace to burn would thrive now given the chance, just my opinion though. Thumb up
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »