Thread Rating:
Varela Blanco
........ seems as though they are off to pastures new.Never given a chance IMO Bloody shame.
I take it Varela either has a bad attitude or won't work hard enough off the ball or both! certainly good enough as a out & out winger as for Blanco i heard his attitude isn't the best thats why he's never been given a shot
Shame about Varela, thought he looked the part when he played. Looked to have a bit more time on the ball,
could go at players, pick a pass and even scored a goal.

Can only assume there's something not right behind closed doors.

As for Blanco, would've obviously liked to see more of him. Although, can't say I was overly impressed in the
Hull and Bournemouth games.

More gutted about Varela tbh. Think he had something to offer, but guess he's on a big salary so if it frees up
some cash for someone who is wanted, I suppose it'll suit the management.
...it's the same - even more so maybe - with Gamboa. I thought we'd got the buy of the summer with him but he's hardly had a look in either. Has he got a 2 year contract?
Really rated him in the WCup, and although Wisdom has played decently I would've thought Gamboa would be playing at least as much. I thought he came across as a very humble sort of bloke in a vid when we signed him, so it's a mystery what's happening there.
As someone else said, is HE the pacey winger that we need???
Getting rid of Blanco is fair enough for me but Varela seems ridiculous, even if he doesn’t start its always useful to have a player that can come off the bench and change the game, create something or just generally offer something different.

Gamboa seems ridiculous though, if we get rid of him I will be massively disappointed! I think he’s exactly the sort of player that could break into the side next year and be one of our better players. Wisdom will be back at L’pool next season without a doubt and so the question is, in the summer do we buy 1 back up RB or 2 with one being first team class.

It all just seems odd, but whatever happens I will reserve judgement until 3rd Feb when the window has closed.
Shame about Varela as he's better than at least one of the wingers we'll bring in or we won't have enough.

Blanco can go.
Varela has left the building !!!!!!! Huh

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/754337118?-11200:789
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
There must be something we don't know and the club aren't letting on about Varela.
If not how, in the name of Hades can we be letting go the exact type of player we're looking for ?
I reckon he's done his Missus in and buried her under the floorboards.
Big Grin
Not surprising this pair have gone, after all what did they have to offer except width, pace and creativity none of which are required in Pulis' brave new world.
I am always a glass half full man - it does after all make life a little better and allows me to smile.

In business, when times are hard, the ruthless organisations (those that survive year on year) lay-off perfectly good staff in order to make the numbers fit and deliver a profit to their share holders and the market.

Once into a new fiscal and with green shoots of recovery visible and a full 12 months of trading open to them they then recruit new people who are equal in skill to the ones laid off previously. Potentially even the same people - it's clinical but sensible business.

We were in the Premiership doo-dah. AI and the previous club policy took us there. Thank fully JP woke up and smelt the coffee and TP's appointment should, hopefully, ensure we collect enough points to post that profit this season.

For this season, as a shareholder (fan) I will bet extremely happy to see just that.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when West Brom put on the style and I hope that those of you who fear TP will turn us into a Stoke are wrong and we will recruit new players before the end of the month that at least allows us width and some attacking flair. But if it takes 17 Everton'esque performances to stay up - I will buy it.

Having survived it's a very different story. With a summer to tweak the squad I want to see my Albion play with some flair. I accept that TP has history and it would only be a fool that was not wary of that. But Big Sam has changed, TP changed at Palace.

Maybe both of them are young enough but old and wise enough to have seen the change coming and have the ability to blend efficiency of defence with the flair of modern football - Wenger is the reverse of this - he has always attached with flair but only in the last game against Man City has he seemingly recognised a defence is useful as well!
Beefy 1965 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »