Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/...he-leaves/

The latest 'twist' re Cameron absconding the back benches just confirms how a selfish, lightweight clown of a PM led us into a brexit back alley and now sets up his final contemptuous act of deserting the sinking ship. His Tory BB colleague, Ken Clarke, was rightly scathing in his critical remarks re this PM and the shit legacy that he left behind.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37369917

A qualified view by the Euro President that at least 12 months will expire before 'substantive talks' even start on Brexit and it could be longer than that. I think by that time we've all got bored with it anyway and serious consideration should be given to 'bin it' and be done with such a stupid political move that was ultimately orchestrated by the Conservative Party and an idiot named David Cameron. The President's description of Brexit is a fitting one - 'Political amputation' but he should've added the words ..... by the UK Conservative Party who polarised the British electorate!! Lets make that statement as accurate as poss!
Polish police officers join UK patrols on the beat in parts of Essex to try and help with the increase of attacks on polish citizens.
That's one more example of an extreme consequence of the shameless political manoeuvring by pro brexit suspects like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson who flaunted the anti immigration 'ticket' with impunity and tried to frighten people with their extreme speculation and insinuations!! Thumb down I sometimes wonder if 'little England' is gonna transform into Germany of the 1930s when I read these stories of targeting certain 'foreigners' Rolleyes
(15-09-2016, 23:58)0762 Wrote: That's one more example of an extreme consequence of the shameless political manoeuvring by pro brexit suspects like Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson who flaunted the anti immigration 'ticket' with impunity and tried to frighten people with their extreme speculation and insinuations!! Thumb down I sometimes wonder if 'little England' is gonna transform into Germany of the 1930s when I read these stories of targeting certain 'foreigners' Rolleyes

Or we could just become a bit like the Germany of today!! They are starting to have issues now with immigrants being attacked or doing the attacking in German cities. Unfortunately with the extreme events going on in Belgium and France in particular, it becomes very easy for anti-immigration rhetoric to be listened to and even agreed with. This is not just a UK issue, the EU has to take a stand somewhere on this whole subject and Farage and Boris literally jumped the gun on the EU by getting their inflammatory message across both first and then far louder than the EU did. Immigration is a real issue, it cannot continue like it currently is in Europe and this effort needs to be lead by the moderates in the EU, not by the far right who are gaining ground in every country in the EU currently.
ritchiebaby likes this post
There's one big problem with the EU taking a stand on immigration, SCO. They're a big bunch of self-serving bureaucrats who have no great interest in the general public until something happens to disturb their cosy little lives. They're even more out of touch than Westminster and Holyrood - quite an achievement in my opinion!
Cabbage is still good for you
A bit like FIFA until a whistle blower and other opponents/critics finally 'rattled their cage' and their demise eventually arrived after a very long time of probing, investigation etc.
(16-09-2016, 12:20)ritchiebaby Wrote: There's one big problem with the EU taking a stand on immigration, SCO. They're a big bunch of self-serving bureaucrats who have no great interest in the general public until something happens to disturb their cosy little lives. They're even more out of touch than Westminster and Holyrood - quite an achievement in my opinion!

Completely agree. If, and I still think its if, the UK leaves the EU, and if the terrorist attacks and civil disorder incidents continue on mainland Europe, then I would hazard a guess that the EU will fall apart within 5 years!! The countries left in the EU will see the right wing parties in countries such as France, Holland and Belgium rise into positions of power and if this happens then they will either force the EU stance from within or they will push to leave as well. Brexit is the first of these sort of votes, but I don't think it will be the last.
It's all speculation anyway and Euro politics in certain countries and wars such as the current Syrian conflict could well stabilise in future years. Therefore the opposite scenario is as possible. Also surely it's better to try to change the EU from within rather than standing on the outside looking in from an isolationist's position!!!
(16-09-2016, 20:36)0762 Wrote: It's all speculation anyway and Euro politics in certain countries and wars such as the current Syrian conflict could well stabilise in future years. Therefore the opposite scenario is as possible. Also surely it's better to try to change the EU from within rather than standing on the outside looking in from an isolationist's position!!!

Yes very true. I suppose the point being made by some leave campaigners was that we would not be able to affect change from within to the degree that it was perceived was needed and so the ultimate way to change things was to take full control back and change it ourselves for the benefit of ourselves. And that as well could easily go one way or the other!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »