Thread Rating:
The gambling/betting thread
(04-03-2015, 00:48)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: I don't even know what 52p can buy these days Laugh

Then give it to the first homeless person you see!!  One good deed will come back to you and next time you might actually win the bet you place!!
Had three big bets last night. Won two of them ((Barnsley v Coventry - Under 10.5 Corners & Dag & Red v Hartlepool - Under 2.5 Goals). As usual, I will be having a big lump on tonight's Wednesday match for Under 2.5 Goals. Has been a cash cow this season with 14 wins out of 17 so far. Almost £12k up so far this season on football.

Only have small bets on accumulators but have one running on Norwich tonight after Middlesbrough, Watford, Bristol City, Gillingham, Bury & Northampton all won last night.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Do you make a good living out of it Madsteve?
JUST SAYING LIKE!
(04-03-2015, 12:56)Southeyowl Wrote: Do you make a good living out of it Madsteve?

He's up 12K, I think he is more than happy Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

He's  Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh all the way to the bank

I believe he is a Sports betting analyst, seems pretty good at it Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up

(04-03-2015, 09:21)madsteve Wrote: Had three big bets last night. Won two of them ((Barnsley v Coventry - Under 10.5 Corners & Dag & Red v Hartlepool - Under 2.5 Goals). As usual, I will be having a big lump on tonight's Wednesday match for Under 2.5 Goals. Has been a cash cow this season with 14 wins out of 17 so far. Almost £12k up so far this season on football.

Only have small bets on accumulators but have one running on Norwich tonight after Middlesbrough, Watford, Bristol City, Gillingham, Bury & Northampton all won last night.

Had an accumulator last night, unfortunately I chose the Grunters to win Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(04-03-2015, 12:56)Southeyowl Wrote: Do you make a good living out of it Madsteve?

I make a living, not a good living.

I look to make 20k on an English football season but the majority of that is from December to April. The first three months of the season are pretty much punting.

Serious betting is just singles. Accumulators are for mugs and when I do them , it is just for a bit of fun.

Hopefully my pre-season bets will come in. Sitting on Chelsea, Norwich, Bristol City & Bury. Chelsea & Bristol City look good but the others need to improve.

My massive bets are:

Forest to finish in top half at 4/5 (looked brilliant at one stage but still on target)
Reading to finish bottom half at 11/10
Brighton to finish bottom half at 9/10

then singles and multiples of

Norwich - top six finish
Derby - top six finish
Bristol City - top six finish
Preston - top six finish
Bury - top seven finish 
Shrewsbury - top seven finish

Last season, I got five out of six on this bet with Derby, Brentford, Preston, Fleetwood & Burton. Reading cost me a chunk by finishing 7th.

Incidentally, these bets are in maximum of trebles as you cannot match up teams in the same division.

The key to making money is looking for good value & have just a few big bets rather than loads of small ones. I know now with my system that I will lose a percentage but I have had six consecutive winning seasons at an average of £20k & the lowest has been £12k. I do spend many hours each week pouring over statistics but it pays for my pile in the country. 

Southend have only had one home match go for over 2.5 goals in over a year yet you can still usually get 4/6 on Under 2.5 Goals for most of their home matches - easy money.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Do you bet on the horses MS or are you a football betting man??
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
I only have acca's for fun mainly. never put big money on them cos there's too many variables.

Horses, I've been betting on for about 7 years (I'm almost 21 so work that one out Laugh) but only the big events (national/cheltenham etc) last year was the first year I didn't have a winner in the National Angry was also the first year I'd not had to put one on for my nan, thinking I've lost my lucky charm  Sad
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
(04-03-2015, 15:48)Owlkev71 Wrote: Do you bet on the horses MS or are you a football betting man??

I only bet on things where I believe I have a better knowledge than the bookies.

I bet on football and tennis mainly but also rugby, cricket, golf, darts & snooker.

Don't bet on horses.
Maddix likes this post
Walsall and Wycombe let me down for just short of £400 the bastards Angry
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
MS told you not to bet on horses Thumb up so what do you do Huh bet on the flucking Saddlers instead Doh

Laugh
Thurnscoe_OWL and St Charles Owl like this post
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »