Thread Rating:
SWFC Goalscorers since 2005 - After Millwall 2/18/2024
Here is a list of our goal scorers over the past 10 seasons (since 2005-06 season).  No particular reason for doing this except to use as reference and see how our current players move up the list!!  I have only included ex-players who scored at least 10 goals but have included the current squad no matter how many they have as they can still move up!! Players in bold are still employed at the club and includes players out on loan. Penalties are in brackets.

Marcus Tudgay - 52 (5)
Atdhe Nuhiu - 50 (7)
Fernando Forestieri - 43 (4)
Josh Windass - 37 (2)
Steven Fletcher - 37 (4)
Gary Hooper - 33 (1)
Barry Bannan - 31 (4)
Lee Gregory - 30 (2)
Jermaine Johnson - 30
Gary Madine - 28 (2)
Lucas Joao - 26
Kieran Lee - 25
Chris Brunt - 25 (3)
Deon Burton - 25 (4)
Michael Smith - 24 (8)
Adam Reach - 23
Callum Paterson - 21
Neil Mellor - 20 (1)
Jordan Rhodes - 19 (1)
Chris Maguire - 19 (7)
Reda Johnson - 19
Leon Clarke - 18 (2)
Michail Antonio - 18
Steven MacLean - 15 (1)
George Byers - 14
Clinton Morrison - 14 (2)
Ross Wallace - 13
Chris O'Grady - 13
Glenn Whelan - 12 (1)
Tommy Miller - 12 (6)
Liam Palmer - 11
Marco Matias - 11
Luke Varney - 11
Miguel Llera - 11
Connor Wickham - 11
Tom Lees - 10
Marvin Johnson - 9
Anthony Musaba - 6
Dominic Iorfa - 5
Bailey Cadamarteri - 4
Mallik Wilks - 3
Ike Ugbo - 3
Will Vaulks - 2
Djeidi Gassama - 2
Tareeq Bakinson - 2
Juan Delgardo - 1
Jeff Hendrick - 1

Here is our list of all-time goal scorers, be a long time before anyone reaches enough goals to get on this list!!! The figure in brackets is their games/goal ratio as requested by Imre, can't see anyone matching Dooley's record in this category!!!! Those in bold are the ones I saw score, I am sure that Pei saw a few others as well, who did you see score out of this list??

Andrew Wilson - 216 (2.52)
John Fantham - 167 (2.60)
David Hirst - 149 (2.40)
Redfern Froggatt - 149 (3.07)
Ellis Rimmer - 140 (2.99)
Mark Hooper - 136 (3.11)
Fred Spiksley - 116 (2.79)
Jimmy Trotter - 114 (1.41)
David McLean - 100 (1.47)
Harry Chapman - 99 (3.01)
Jack Ball - 94 (1.44)
Roy Shiner - 93 (1.65)
Jackie Sewell - 92 (1.90)
Alan Finney - 90 (5.59)
Jack Allen - 85 (1.34)
Lee Chapman - 79 (2.37)
Dennis Woodhead - 76 (2.97)
Harry Burgess - 70 (3.07)
Gary Bannister - 66 (2.17)
Mark Bright - 66 (2.59)
Rodger Wylde - 66 (2.92)
Albert Quixall - 65 (4.00)
Derek Dooley - 63 (1.00)
Keith Ellis - 60 (1.97)
Christ we've had some shite in the last ten years....
Was Wereham Owl and WakeyTerrier like this post
Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...
(12-02-2015, 23:42)mc4owl Wrote: Christ we've had some shite in the last ten years....

Yep, thats what struck me!! I have just added the all-time scorers list and our last prolific striker was Hirsty, and he played his last game for us in 1997, 18 years ago!!!
(12-02-2015, 23:56)Imre varadi Wrote: i Believe you should have done a goals to games ratio which would have had Imre in the top 5 all time goalscorers  Whistle youve done the thread wrong .. go back and revise it  Thumb up

Realy are you this slack at work  Huh  i would have to sack you Charlie with schoolboy errors like this  Thumb down

There you go Imre, I have added the games/goal ratio just for you. Your namesakes record was 46 goals in 121 games, so a ratio of 2.63, which would place him 14th on this list!!

Lunchtime for me, was just bored so thought I would do it. Benefit of being one of the bosses as well!!
Imre varadi likes this post
I think I must have seen Fantham score Undecided My first game was back in the 60's Thumb up when I was about 3 Whistle

All I can remember from those days were the fans hurling cushions onto the pitch from the North stand (yes we were shit then too) Laugh I remember one particular occasion when a cushion came sailing right from the back and was about to reach the pitch when some bloke, with great comedy timing, stood up at the front, got smacked on the back of the head by the cushion and fell over the wall Laugh
mc4owl and St Charles Owl like this post
and complicated
No because he didn't score enough goals to be on the list!!! Doh

I scientifically did calculations, looked at copious amounts of stats and arbitrarily came up with 60 goals as being the minimum required to get on the list!! Tongue
Yes, missed off Jeffers and Bothroyd as well! Laugh
An additional sad thing is that of the players I have seen, some only did it outside the top division (Bannister, Wylde) and Hirsty's ratio wouldn't look so good without that brilliant scoring season in Division Two.

In my lifetime, the only genuine big scorers in the top flight were Fantham (only saw the tail end of his career), HIrsty, Chapman & Bright.

I presume you have included Cup Goals in the last ten years list, which has bumped up players like Mellor & Nuhui. Goals per game is less accurate now because of multi substitutions so to do a comparison over the last ten years, you would need to judge it against starts or minutes played. Also maybe show penalties in brackets because they distort figures for players like Maguire.

Interesting Thread!
St Charles Owl likes this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
I saw Fantham, Finney and Ellis score.
"God Save the King."
MS, yes I have included all games in both tables. You are correct about substitutions affecting the numbers in the modern game, without a ton of research needing to be done I suppose goals per appearances would be one way to go but that is unfair on those players who every game get on for the final 2 minutes just to waste time at the end of the game!!

My first thought was to stop the all-time list at 100 goals minimum, but when I looked at it we have so few players who are above 100 goals!!! I continued it down to 60 to bring in some of the players who the bulk of us would have seen playing like Wylde, Bannister, Chapman and Bright!! It was also interesting that of the players I watched Banno has the best games/goal ratio, I probably would not have guessed that!!

Over the course of the rest of the season I will keep this up to date and add in the goals current players score for us. It is interesting to note that Nuhiu is the 6th most prolific (Doh) out and out striker we have had in the past 10 years, that is a seriously sobering stat!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »