Thread Rating:
Euro 2020|2021
We were served a footbaling treat yesterday.
I highly doubt rat man will play football against ze Germans.

If anything should be obvious it's that a two goal lead means diddly squat with the football being played.

Southgate sits on 1-0 leads. But again, I can't see England ever being up on them.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Well, the Rat has started about 8 defensive players against a team that's shown it's weakness at the back..

Drops Grealish and Foden to the bench too.

Let's count the backwards passing
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
(29-06-2021, 17:06)Statesideowl Wrote: Well, the Rat has started about 8 defensive players against a team that's shown it's weakness at the back..

Drops Grealish and Foden to the bench too.

Let's count the backwards passing

No so sure about that. He is going after them with pace, Saka, Walker, Trippier, Sterling and Shaw will all have pace down the wings and through the middle, one of the areas where Germany are their weakest. I agree its safe with Rice and Phillips in there but if it doesn't work then there are plenty of options on the bench to change it.
Best way to play against Germany is on the counter, so the team looks fine.
Pretty even. Nice to see a little bit less of the backwards passing.

Still expecting Germany to win though
Germany had a very good first 15 mins then England came back strongly and have had the best of the chances.

Phillips was a lucky man not to see red though. Ref bottled it.

First goal is going to be massive.
just got in i see ive missed fluck all

useless little b...lack c,unt

just take sterling off before penaltys ffs and that imposter philips how the xxxx hes got picked for international football i dont know ... maybe butterfield will be called up for the wc qualifiers

get in you liitle b.... xxxx !

sterling ffs
Get in!! Kane!!! 2-0!!

Clinical finishing from England and the defence has once again looked solid enough. Mueller should have scored but aside from that they haven’t created much.
shaw and grelish brilliant !

saturday in Rome then ....

social distancing out off the window .... what sheep they must think of us !

Played well the second half the best ive seen for a while Grealish made all the difference against Ukraine or mor than likely sweden they are going to have to play simular and keep it tight nobody will run away with the game.
England are the only team left yet to concede a goal, Southgate may be too negative for most but he has made us solid. Its frustrating at times because we have so many good forward options, but its working so long as we are clinical in front of goal.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »