Thread Rating:
Scotland v Czech Republic, Mon 14 June
Steve Clarke saying he's satisfied with 10 positions in his starting line up at Hampden Park tomorrow and I reckon he prob has an issue with either the goalie position or the RB place. I suspect he'll stick with Marshall in goal although there is not much difference between Gordon and the Euro quali hero. The RB position is a more interesting one in the fact that O'Donnell has not done much wrong being challenged for the position by an up n coming new prospect in Patterson. So what is his team for tomorrow, one that will hopefully win the match?

I'd opt for this one:-

Marshall, O'Donnell, Cooper, Hanley, Tierney, Robertson, McGinn, McTominay, Armstrong, Adams, Dykes

We have some very good options on the subs' bench (will he give Forrest or Fraser a start?) to change it but I think this will be close to Clarke's starting line up.
I thought he was maybe deliberating over playing Gilmour.
0762, you do know you are playing the Czech Republic not Czechoslovakia? Been separated from Slovakia for a while now.
It's funny, that's the second time I've been caught out by certain people on Sky Sports who refer to the Czech Rep as Czechoslovakia and yet I'm fully familiar with the "Velvet Revolution" of 1989 in Czechoslovakia when a transition of power was peacefully negotiated to form Slovakia and the Czech Republic - something I've previously referred to on this Sb board as a preferable civil transition when Scotland breaks away from this poisonous and fragmented union with a fascist rUK rather than enduring all this populist driven angst and antagonism from a toxic Brit Brexit govt that just doesn't stop with their continuous political anti-Scotland/Scot govt media shit up here even after being told to f### off by a Scottish electorate in the recent Scot election.

(13-06-2021, 17:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: I thought he was maybe deliberating over playing Gilmour.

I don't think Clarke will play Gilmour in this match mainly because the lad would leave a gap behind him that could be exploited in midfield. He could well be a match-winning player for us as he is a vg attacking mid player that Scotland have never seen for a long time. Will Clarke gamble on such a player from the start? I think he'll use Gilmour in the latter stages of this match esp if it is a tight affair.
Morning everyone, we did our bit yesterday and now it's down to your boys to set up a winner takes the group match on Friday.

Good luck and welcome back to Tournament Football.
Pretty poor stuff so far, poor selection choices from Clarke, O'Donnell is not a international football player, McGinn has been poor and Andy Robertson should score, place the ball instead of blasting it.

At this level we should pick out best players, Hendry and O'Donnell we could replace with multiple better players in there respected positions, punting the ball up to Dykes just doesn't cut it at this level.
Doh Why do keepers try to play sweeper? Too many stupid goals lost because of keepers not concentrating on being secure.
Cabbage is still good for you
And that's why Scotland don't go to international tournaments, goalkeeper posted missing.
Aye, great finish though.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
If the Czech boy was any further out he would have been at castlemilk roundabout..... Laugh
Clarke totally fucked it today, he got the team well wrong. Maybe Tierney's injury spooked him.

Regular readers will know my feelings about Lyndon Dykes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »