Thread Rating:
31 Aug, 2021 Transfer Window: Championship Rebuild
(29-10-2020, 11:14)hibeejim21 Wrote: If it's any consolation it looks like you dodged a bullet with Shane Duffy. Looks an absolute donkey up here.

Jim, I watched the Celtic game v Aberdeen and he was pretty poor. I know you don’t follow Celtic but have you heard if he’s been as poor in other games?
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
When Lai purchased the club we had a £40 million surplus in the bank. Granted that was blown on trying to starve off relegation. But the club was £160illion IIRC. With Pereira - Grady - Robinson - Grant that accounts for half the valuation. Times are hard, but we still must be the best value for money club ATM.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Well if Burnley are being bought for between 180 to 200 mill we must be worth a punt at 175 mill . But I’m no businessman so I wouldn’t understand the financial aspects of this kind of deal.
Moving on to transfers Kamil Grosicki is still an Albion player and should be in our 25 man premier Squad, as is transfer to Forest has been declined. This was always going to happen as a president had been set by both Derby and Leicester players being declined before. That will teach Forest to do there paperwork on time.
Don’t know if good for us as we now have a disgruntled player who was not wanted to bring back in.
(29-10-2020, 13:23)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(29-10-2020, 11:14)hibeejim21 Wrote: If it's any consolation it looks like you dodged a bullet with Shane Duffy. Looks an absolute donkey up here.

Jim, I watched the Celtic game v Aberdeen and he was pretty poor. I know you don’t follow Celtic but have you heard if he’s been as poor in other games?

I've seen him in about 4 games on TV and in each one he's looked ropey. I honestly think players down south think they can just operate in cruise control up here and its not the case.

To be fair he is probably well behind the others in fitness, but he hasn't looked too clever so far.
BaggieSteve likes this post
I think letting Kipre go on loan in January could be a mistake.
After seeing Ivanovic against Brighton I think Semi might need a new defensive partner.
Is O'Shea the solution? In a two I think not.
Bartley is very hit and miss, and I would like to see what Cedric can do before we ship him out.
I can't see Bilic dropping Branislav, but if he repeats his Brighton performance, I think there is cause to.
Fat boy surfaces again........

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-wont-even-th...-west-brom

DD Laugh Laugh
Ubique.
(30-10-2020, 09:01)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Fat boy surfaces again........

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-wont-even-th...-west-brom

DD  Laugh  Laugh

DD, shouldn't this be on your "Off Topic" thread?? Blush Confused
I’m not sure why Berahino is suddenly surfacing as a story in the press - surely not more advice from his agent - but I would not be averse to seeing him at the Hawthorns again. I appreciate there are many caveats to this happening, the primary one for me being his weight and fitness, although I’m assuming this is not the issue it once clearly was. However, the guy is still only 27 and for me, in terms of talent, he is streets ahead of what we have with the possible, but unknown, exception of Grant. I know he was a complete twat but he was also a very young and very badly advised complete twat. I make no excuses for him but if this is a guy who recognises what an idiot he was, if he - as it seems - wants to play for the club and IF he’s deemed good enough, then I’d rather see a fit Berahino leading the line than Robson-Kanu.
I’m sure this won’t be an opinion shared by many but that’s what this board is for, I guess
(30-10-2020, 13:32)BaggieSteve Wrote: I’m not sure why Berahino is suddenly surfacing as a story in the press - surely not more advice from his agent - but I would not be averse to seeing him at the Hawthorns again. I appreciate there are many caveats to this happening, the primary one for me being his weight and fitness, although I’m assuming this is not the issue it once clearly was. However, the guy is still only 27 and for me, in terms of talent, he is streets ahead of what we have with the possible, but unknown, exception of Grant. I know he was a complete twat but he was also a very young and very badly advised complete twat. I make no excuses for him but if this is a guy who recognises what an idiot he was, if he - as it seems - wants to play for the club and IF he’s deemed good enough, then I’d rather see a fit Berahino leading the line than Robson-Kanu.
I’m sure this won’t be an opinion shared by many but that’s what this board is for, I guess

BaggieSteve, I honestly think that when he was in our team at, what, 21 or 22, he was the best prospect I've ever seen. So much natural talent and superb technique.
Unfortunately I'm not sure whether he's gone too far off the track to either redeem his crass behaviour with our supporters OR get back to anything like his former level, playing - wise.

It would be great to see him being a humble character and with his head down, really trying FOR THE TEAM. I for one would love to see THAT SB back at the club, but could that be guaranteed?
Not sure.
(30-10-2020, 15:21)drewks Wrote:
(30-10-2020, 13:32)BaggieSteve Wrote: I’m not sure why Berahino is suddenly surfacing as a story in the press - surely not more advice from his agent - but I would not be averse to seeing him at the Hawthorns again. I appreciate there are many caveats to this happening, the primary one for me being his weight and fitness, although I’m assuming this is not the issue it once clearly was. However, the guy is still only 27 and for me, in terms of talent, he is streets ahead of what we have with the possible, but unknown, exception of Grant. I know he was a complete twat but he was also a very young and very badly advised complete twat. I make no excuses for him but if this is a guy who recognises what an idiot he was, if he - as it seems - wants to play for the club and IF he’s deemed good enough, then I’d rather see a fit Berahino leading the line than Robson-Kanu.

BaggieSteve, I honestly think that when he was in our team at, what, 21 or 22, he was the best prospect I've ever seen. So much natural talent and superb technique.
Unfortunately I'm not sure whether he's gone too far off the track to either redeem his crass behaviour with our supporters OR get back to anything like his former level, playing - wise.

It would be great to see him being a humble character and with his head down, really trying FOR THE TEAM. I for one would love to see THAT SB back at the club, but could that be guaranteed?
Not sure.

Drewks, in all honesty, you’re probably spot on and I don’t, for one minute, see it as even a remote possibility. I guess it just made me think what a talent he was, as you say, and what a wasted opportunity for all concerned
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »