Thread Rating:
BDO Vs PDC
People who say BDO is **** etc need to remember that players in the PDC start there trade off in the BDO before they make the step up to PDC.

The way I see it is like this PDC is about the money and the BDO is about the sport. Similar to Football between the Premier League and Football League. The PDC sell the brand or franchise to the public through alcohol and scantily clad women. Where the BDO attract the public through there love of darts. The BDO players play for Counties as well.

1. I don't understand why dart players need women to hold there hand as they walk to the oche, they don't have it in the BDO they walk straight on to music. Do there legs tire out and they need a helping hand?

2. In the BDO women play but in the PDC they don't seems a bit sexist.

3. Also the crowds in the PDC they chant like there at a football match. Now if I was at the oche I would find it a massive distraction to hear people in the crowd calling out or chanting.

The BBC need to do better coverage of the BDO and they should televise more events and now they share it with BT Sport then they might. The standard of the BDO might not be as good as PDC which is probably due to the prize money but the people who go and watch BDO watch for the darts not to chant **** at each other and get drunk.

I just don't understand PDC and the appeal to it.
El Car and Blue Baggie like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(04-01-2015, 03:38)spireitematt Wrote: People who say BDO is **** etc need to remember that players in the PDC start there trade off in the BDO before they make the step up to PDC.

The way I see it is like this PDC is about the money and the BDO is about the sport. Similar to Football between the Premier League and Football League. The PDC sell the brand or franchise to the public through alcohol and scantily clad women. Where the BDO attract the public through there love of darts. The BDO players play for Counties as well.

1. I don't understand why dart players need women to hold there hand as they walk to the oche, they don't have it in the BDO they walk straight on to music. Do there legs tire out and they need a helping hand?

3. Also the crowds in the PDC they chant like there at a football match. Now if I was at the oche I would find it a massive distraction to hear people in the crowd calling out or chanting.

The BBC need to do better coverage of the BDO and they should televise more events and now they share it with BT Sport then they might. The standard of the BDO might not be as good as PDC which is probably due to the prize money but the people who go and watch BDO watch for the darts not to chant **** at each other and get drunk.

The darts has an enormous following now, I think we view the BDO as a stepping stone to the PDC I'm happy to keep both.
The women walking players on some consider it sexist, my opinion is has any one asked the girls if they are happy to do it?
I doubt it very much ? Does it do any real harm ? I dare say some would argue yes it does. It's all about someone's opinion of what is or is no longer politically correct. The subject is an absolute minefield atm.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(26-06-2020, 16:06)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(04-01-2015, 03:38)spireitematt Wrote: People who say BDO is **** etc need to remember that players in the PDC start there trade off in the BDO before they make the step up to PDC.

The darts has an enormous following now, I think we view the BDO as a stepping stone to the PDC I'm happy to keep both.
The women walking players on some consider it sexist, my opinion is has any one asked the girls if they are happy to do it?
I doubt it very much ? Does it do any real harm ? I dare say some would argue yes it does. It's all about someone's opinion of what is or is no longer politically correct. The subject is an absolute minefield atm.

My original post was written 5 years ago and a lot has changed and so has some of my opinions. The PDC has been more inclusive, it has women playing in it with good players like Fallon Sherrock, Lisa Ashton etc. The PDC has grown rapidly and has a lot of good players in it and good players coming through. The BDO has seemed to have gone the other way and it seems to have gone downhill.

I agree we should keep both the PDC and BDO. You're right the BDO is a sort of stepping stone to the PDC.

As for the walk on girls that's a debate which splits opinions. Be interesting to see what the women dart players think and also women viewers.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »