Thread Rating:
Charlie Austin !!
Charlie Austin (@chazaustin10), WBA striker, diagnosed with coronavirus earlier this week & has suffered acutely. A healthy 30-year-old, his message to young people indifferent about the pandemic is: ‘Take this seriously’ https://t.co/XaRb1eQmwq

Get well quick mucker Confused
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
My missus has had it (Or at least the doctor over the phone thinks she’s has). She’s a teacher so we think she picked it up from school. Getting better now but a rough few days. Self isolating, working from home, getting lots of jobs done round the house and the dogs have never had so many walks.
(20-03-2020, 20:22)derbybaggie Wrote: My missus has had it (Or at least the doctor over the phone thinks she’s has). She’s a teacher so we think she picked it up from school. Getting better now but a rough few days. Self isolating, working from home, getting lots of jobs done round the house and the dogs have never had so many walks.

Glad she's better, Derby..... How about you?

Get well soon, Charlie. Thumb up
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I had a temperature midweek and sore throat but nothing more than that. Don’t know if that’s my body trying to fight it off or something else. Biggest problem was running around after the missus!
All the best to you and your missus, and to all on here.
Breaking: Update to Austin story. Despite reports Albion can confirm Charlie Austin has not been tested for coronavirus. He is self-isolating having experienced symptoms last weekend. However he is now made a full recovery. And no other Albion player has reported symptoms. #wba
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(20-03-2020, 20:47)Baggievicar Wrote: All the best to you and your missus, and to all on here.

Thanks BV and all. It’s clearly the old/vulnerable that are at most risk whilst the vast majority of people will have flu like systems and recover fairly quickly. Germany have just reported they have 9,000 odd cases confirmed but only 56 fatalities, so approx 1 in every 150. Clearly there will be a lot more cases not confirmed so the overall ratio of deaths over there a lot lower.

Whatever, it’s still scary times and worrying for businesses, self employed etc. so I hope you all stay safe and we get it all over with as soon as possible. We’ve at least got Dingle to keep us amused!
I`m old and vunerable with health conditions. Late December the LHSM and I had temperature, headaches, sore throat and lots of aches and pains. Lasted about 4 weeks before we felt better (She has been through 3 courses of antibiotics as she has Asthma). We both think we had it then as we can`t trust the Chinese regime to tell the truth about when it started. We both seem ok now but are keeping ourselves to ourselves. Thoughts and prayers are with anyone suffering.

DD Thumb up Thumb up
Ubique.
Let's remain very, very careful, but also positive through this crisis. We are only at the beginning, it seems.

Just cut & pasted this great text:

When this ends - AND IT WILL- every football match will sell out, every restaurant will have a two hour wait, every kid will be GLAD to be in school, everyone will love their job, the £ will sky rocket, pubs will be rammed, and gigs will be plentiful and we’ll kiss, embrace and shake hands.
That’s gonna be a good day

Hang in there, World.
harrogatebaggie and Ska'dForLife-WBA like this post
(21-03-2020, 11:27)drewks Wrote: When this ends - AND IT WILL- every football match will sell out, every restaurant will have a two hour wait, every kid will be GLAD to be in school, everyone will love their job, the £ will sky rocket, pubs will be rammed, and gigs will be plentiful and we’ll kiss, embrace and shake hands.

The point when I'm so desperate for human contact that I kiss and embrace any of you lot will be an uncommonly parky day in the netherworld, but otherwise I approve of this message Laugh
Baggievicar likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »