Thread Rating:
England- Euro16
(16-06-2016, 17:01)hibeejim21 Wrote: I have to say i do like sturridge as a player....hate that stupid goal celebration though. Makes him look a right dick.

Well lets hope he looks like a dick more often!!!

You are right though, Sturridge is the most gifted forward England has, just has to keep himself fit!!!
Hodgson is a very lucky man, deserved the win but should be hammering sides like Wales although give them credit they defended well
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

4 bets with Billy Hilly for the 2-1 win with different players to score first. Thank you Mr. Bale. £150 goes into my holiday fund. Thumb up
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
A deserved win for England due to their superior possession. However, any observer can see they look like an unbalanced team that had run out of ideas! IMO Sturridge bailed them out with that winning goal with an element of luck attached to it. Woy gambled (his neck was on the line!) with fielding his full group of decent strikers but the build up from the back was so single dimensional incl over hit passes/crosses, shit free kicks and corners! Also is Rooney that good any more? He played a reasonable game but that's it! A better Euro side will beat them and beat them well, particularly that defence! One of the best moves of the whole match was when, in the second half, the Welsh sub (Williams?) drove through the hole in front of the England D and he should've kept going instead of blasting the ball over the cross bar!
Fancy England to win the group now. They have a chance of making the latter stages if they can avoid needless fuckups like the goals they have lost so far.
Only saw the last ten minutes. We were watching the News after the shocking news of Jo Cox getting shot in the village where we used to live.

Was it a good game?
Seen better Snoots. An average Championship game for the most part to be honest. Mostly England until Bale scored with a free kick that Hart maybe should have saved and the Welsh defended deeper still in the second half. Sturridge scored when he finally stopped miskicking the ball. Vardy gambled and won for his equaliser.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
England winning doesn't matter because football today is irrelevant.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(16-06-2016, 17:53)Lord Snooty Wrote: Only saw the last ten minutes. We were watching the News after the shocking news of Jo Cox getting shot in the village where we used to live.

I gather she sadly passed away LS! Another needless tragedy/murder so soon after the French one in Paris! RIP. Indeed the football 'pales into insignificance' after such a sad and awful event!
(16-06-2016, 18:08)theo_luddite Wrote: Seen better Snoots. An average Championship game for the most part to be honest. Mostly England until Bale scored with a free kick that Hart maybe should have saved and the Welsh defended deeper still in the second half. Sturridge scored when he finally stopped miskicking the ball. Vardy gambled and won for his equaliser.

Yep! That's a fairly brief but accurate summary of this match! Here's a similar Yahoo Sport report that really cuts into the lack of any kinda quality in this game and I've commented in previous other threads that I expect to see players in this England team who already 'have their minds on the holiday beaches'. It's been a long season and I don't see many of Hodgson's players enduring the demands of a Euro Championship campaign for very long! I also think Hodgson just saved his job this afternoon - something that will disappoint many critical England fans!

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/five-th...51270.html
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »