Thread Rating:
Play off chase
Sorry, but do we really think we're good enough for the PL?
With our current squad, and seemingly no investment likely, even if we DO make, and win, the play offs (stupidly unlikely), we'd quite honestly hardly get a point in the PL, all things considered.
So..... damp squib maybe, but realistically, I really believe we're best failing valiantly, regarding the play offs, at the moment
(02-04-2023, 23:10)drewks Wrote: Sorry, but do we really think we're good enough for the PL?
With our current squad, and seemingly no investment likely, even if we DO make, and win, the play offs (stupidly unlikely), we'd quite honestly hardly get a point in the PL, all things considered.
So..... damp squib maybe, but realistically, I really believe we're best failing valiantly, regarding the play offs, at the moment

It's  PL and financial security for 3 years or administration.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(03-04-2023, 18:23)Blue Baggie Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 23:10)drewks Wrote: Sorry, but do we really think we're good enough for the PL?

It's  PL and financial security for 3 years or administration.

Hmmmm....
..... good point BB Huh Sick
Well after two disappointing draws and a dismal loss. We can put an end to our play off hopes.

I know it is mathematically still possible, but now unrealistic.

We have stuttered through the last few games, I suspect mainly due to the injuries the team has suffered.

It is time to consider who to keep, is there any to sell to help the coffers? is there any high wage players which are not worth what we pay and can be released? Any under 21 players that are ready for championship football? Any loan players to sell or bring back into the fold?

We do need to remember where we were before Carlos’s appointment. It is up to him to do a proper overhaul of what we need for next year.

However unfortunately without some form of investment, which we all know will not happen, it may be we slip down further. I hope not!

It is the hope that sets you up for a new season with high aspirations every year.

For me this years play off chase is closed!
I'm looking forward now and hope Carlos introduces a few young ones in the remaining games. Loans and players who's contracts are ending shouldn't play again IMO.
Its vital we keep Carlos now, I believe he can rebuild us, where as a new manager will need 6 months to get up to speed.
Interesting times ahead.
harrogatebaggie likes this post
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
Totally agree. The club should be focused on rebuilding for another season in the Championship and that means mixing it up and giving players game time to prove they are worth being here next season.

Financially it will be very different. But hey, many of the clubs in promotion contention are doing it without parachute payments. Instead it’s because they have a squad that is well structured and working together.

That is why Carlos MUST stay and be given support to build his team. He has proven he can gel players and get more out of them.

Next season is his chance to prove it, with the clubs backing (always a testy point).
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »