Thread Rating:
Hibs v St Mirren, Sat 29 Oct, KO 3.00pm
I don't dispute that fact but the stands behind the goals seem to provide a better atmosphere when they are filled with the proper vocal fans and there was a strong lobby from groups of proactive Hibs fans to 'change it' after realising that this was the case. I think, as hfcb has suggested, they wanted to take up a new position in the FF Stand, which has generally had a sterile atmosphere from it's modernisation onwards, and attract more fans to join them. Attending a big Bundesligue match is definitely an 'education' and I acknowledge the 'bevy element/influence' within the huge, vociferous support that the likes of Borussia Dortmund and other well supported BL clubs traditionally have and it contributes to that special atmosphere within their stadia.
hfcbounce likes this post
Agreed 0762........singing in my opinion is always best behind the goals. However as a short term fix moving to the back of the East is more achievable. There would have to be a lot of discussion with fans groups re moving the families and kids ST's with regard to language and behaviour. For years the East Stand has been the main focus for singing etc.  Not all grounds had their main focus behind the goals....many times I attended games at Birmingham City which had its main vocal support in the Spion Kop which would have been at the middle,  back of the East stand if it was St Andrews.
"FOREVER UNITED"
It's curious debating where the focal point of vocal support should be these days and I can vividly reflect back to the days when segregation of fans had still not been introduced and Hibs vocal support was indeed located in the East Stand/East Terracing or the aptly named 'cowshed' - 'fun n games' prevailed during certain home matches before common sense finally prevailed between the Police and the footie authorities!
The sound and atmosphere from the east terracing never travelled well around the stadium though. I like the idea of a dedicated section in the FF stand but i cant see the club looking at it until we are back in the top flight.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »